Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Research Associate/Research Investigator, Analytical Development in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a member of the analytical development team, you will have the opportunity to contribute in multiple development programs. As a Senior Research Associate/Research Investigator working on the Analytical Development team, you will be empowered to develop, validate and transfer analytical methods to rapidly advance Takeda's portfolio.
Responsible for executing basic/routine experiments under limited supervision. This position plans basic/routine and specialized/complex experiments with assistance from supervisor as appropriate.
- Perform testing of samples as per established test method as part of method validation/transfer
- Contributes to technical documents such as test methods, reports, protocols, and internal presentations
- Contributes significantly in a small team of scientists towards the optimization, qualification and technical transfer of analytical methods in a compliance-based environment in a timely manner to meet program timelines
- Identifies and communicates routine technical problems within scope of responsibility
- Contribute significantly to project team and local initiatives as appropriate
- Makes and understands basic experimental decisions within scope of responsibility.
- Contribute to technical transfer of experimental data/procedures to vendors as appropriate
- Documents personal experimental results accurately and completely in laboratory notebook.
- Coordinates departmentally as well as cross functionally with peers on project work as appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 2-5 years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in immunology and/or immune oncology.
- Experiences in immune cell handling, including cell isolation, culture and transduction.
- Experiences in cellular characterization assays, including ELISA, qPCR and other cell-based assays.
- Experience in flow-cytometry is a plus but not requirement
- Experiences with assay validation and tech transfer.
- Teamwork Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication - Able to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents
- Organization Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- May require approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.