Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Research Investigator/Senior Research Associate in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Research Investigator/Senior Research Associate working on the Cell Therapy team, you will be empowered to assist in the development of cellular therapy products and work on cross-functional teams.
This Research Investigator/Senior Research Associate position will play an important role in developing in vivo analytical methods for developing cellular therapy products. Independently, or with minimal supervision, plans and executes in vivo model development and efficacy studies. Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials. Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences.
- Design and execute in vivo studies to explore product efficacy
- Perform in vivo procedures, including multiple routes administration of therapeutics
- Develop and conduct assays that support in vivo studies (e.g. FACS, ELISA/Ella) for the quantitative analysis of biomarkers
- Responsible for data entry and data analysis in a timely manner
- Prepare clearly experimental reports, protocols and data presentations
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Owns responsibility for technical aspects of a project
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Designs experiments/unit operations independently including follow up experiments as necessary.
- Assists with the development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Supports local initiatives as directed by supervisor and participates in global CMC or functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Serves as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Coordinates within departmental as well as cross functionally with peers on project work
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in animal/veterinary studies, Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; 3+ years relevant industrial or academic experience
- Master s degree in animal/veterinary studies, Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; 0+ years relevant industrial or academic experience
- 3+ years of research experience in a lab setting working with animals
Knowledge and Skills:
- In vivo proficiency with rodents, including animal handling, multiple routes of dose administration, blood collection, dissection techniques, and necropsies.
- Familiarity with in vivo efficacy assays for product evaluations.
- Knowledge in immunology and/or immune oncology. Understanding of cell and gene therapies is strongly preferred.
- Experience in tumor cell and primary T cell handling, including cell isolation, culture, expansion and banking.
- Experiences in cellular characterization assays, including flow cytometry-based, ELISA, and other cell-based assays.
- Experience in lab management is a big plus.
- Teamwork Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication - Able to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues ; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents
- Organization Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- May require approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.