Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director External Supply, CMO Network Strategy in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Assures optimum leverage of global CMO network that aligns to internal network strategy, and availability of current and future product supply in a cost effective manner.
- Provides strategic and tactical input & alignment to Takeda s overall Manufacturing Strategy.
- Delivers on execution of strategic sourcing projects and on-time support for launch products.
- Works closely with global CMOs and internal Takeda counterparts in Global Quality, Global Procurement, and the OpU functional teams as key stakeholders.
- Support the Commercial CMO footprint strategy.
- Manage the external network strategy and the CMO sourcing process from a Global Manufacturing and Supply perspective.
- Provide input to outsourcing strategies and selection of CMOs (API, DP, Pkg).
- Assure appropriate contract structure is in place with Takeda CMOs that support Oncology & ES SM to create leverage, efficiency in business relationship, and supply assurance. Responsible to lead these key contract negotiations and ensure all key milestones are met.
- Provide operational and outsourcing assessments of new compounds and potential in-licensing candidates.
- Accountable for managing the Operational CMO relationships of all key CMO s. Represent senior management at key meetings with CMOs.
- Lead joint teams to ensure effective communication, decision-making, conflict resolution, and performance.
- Execute the governance for new partnerships including conflict resolution mechanisms, and expectations on cross-functional communication practice.
- Facilitate internal alignment between and among appropriate parts of Takeda to present a clear voice to the CMO.
- Responsible for ensuring outsourcing trends in the industry that could impact Takeda s current and future external network success are assessed and communicated as required.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in business, management, science, or finance (Master s/MBA desired)
- 13+ years experience in at least two of the following cross-functional: production, engineering, product development, project management, sales and marketing, quality, purchasing, finance or legal.
- 2+ years experience related to non-US operations/regulatory.
- Held a position in which the ability to influence senior executives was demonstrated, as well as sound creative skills to utilize both traditional and innovative solutions.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of product commercialization including Alliance Management, supply chain management, operations, outsourcing and post commercialization support.
- Must be able to present ideas with clarity, conviction and confidence. Must have a strong network among industry outsourcing/technical/business leaders.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Engineering, Project Manager, Operations/Production Manager or Materials Manager, Pharmacist/Scientist.
- Knowledge comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry or related process manufacturing environment in a large multi-national prescription drug manufacturer or related organization.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner internally and externally.
- Strategic Implementation ability to implement and monitor the overall supply chain strategy through knowledge of company s operations and procurement expertise, industry knowledge and competitive analysis.
- Management leadership, project planning, status tracking, conflict resolution and partnering with other departments.
- Collaboration ability to collaborate and foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical Skills ability to analyze a wide variety of data including forecasted sales, historical demand, in-transit and potential stock-out figures to make daily management and production decisions.
- Supplier Relationship Management builds mutually beneficial relationships between company and CMOs, develop strong rapport internal stakeholders.
- Approximately 25%, both domestic and international
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.