Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Director, Global Science Policy in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
This role provides leadership and strategic direction for Science Policy within Takeda R&D.
- Provide leadership and strategic input into the development and delivery of a global Science Policy strategy within Takeda R&D.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders to enable delivery of the Science Policy strategy.
- Proactively promote awareness and understanding of the strategic importance of having an aligned global Science Policy approach across R&D and benefits to the broader Takeda organization.
- Support the President of R&D and other senior leaders by providing global insight and aligned positions in Science Policy areas important to Takeda.
- Provide leadership within GPSA and CMO organization on other select cross-functional initiatives that support the GPSA function and delivery of the CMO vision.
Global Science Policy
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across R&D and Takeda broader organization to develop a Science Policy strategy that aligns with Takeda s strategy and areas of focus.
- Develop an implementation plan based on a center of excellence approach to drive the execution of key activities that deliver the Science Policy strategy with a focus on global collaboration to share expertise and resources.
- Partner effectively with external stakeholders in patient organizations, non-profits, and trade associations, as well as other companies to identify opportunities to support execution of the Science Policy strategy.
- Establish internal networks and structures to effectively manage and bring value to Science Policy function for Takeda. This should include establishing a global advisory group or coordination committee to review and globally align on policy areas of interest to Takeda.
- Represent Takeda R&D on appropriate external bodies e.g. trade-associations and within other relevant policy partners to support implementation of the R&D Science Policy strategy.
- Provide an aligned global perspective on critical Science Policy issues to President of R&D and other senior leaders based on external and internal insights.
- Effectively communicate with key internal and external stakeholders to increase awareness of Takeda s approach to Science Policy and its importance in advancing Takeda s R&D priorities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced degree in biomedical science preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in biomedical sciences and/or science policy acquired in the pharmaceutical industry, government, trade association or non-profit sector with increasing senior-level responsibilities.
- Experience working within complex global organizations, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively across different functions and geographic regions.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of key science policy issues.
- Excellent change management and stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence and proactively engage others in new approaches to business delivery.
- Self-motivated with a clear track record of delivering results in challenging and ambiguous situations.
- Excellent communicator, with strong written and oral communication skills, including direct exposure to media and public relations and ability to credibly represent Takeda with senior executives both internally and externally.
Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment such as computers, phones, etc.
Takeda is a global company with corporate headquarters in Japan and R&D headquarters in the United States. National and international travel is a requirement of the position (not to exceed 10%).
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.