Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Director, Global Patients and Scientific Affairs (GPSA) Business Strategy/Operations in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Design and implement strategic initiatives to ensure operational excellence and on going improvement across the GPSA functions in support of the R&D portfolio
- Build strong internal and external partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders to enable delivery of strategic initiatives
- Coordinates with GPSA, CMO, TAU, PVP, OEC, and other Takeda functions to ensure strategic alignment across the Takeda pipeline
- Provides oversight for the strategy and implementation R&D science philanthropy
- Responsible for the overall planning, operations, budget and reporting for GPSA
- Develop an implementation plan based on a center of excellence approach to drive the execution of key activities that deliver GPSA strategy with a focus on global collaboration to share expertise and resources
- Establish internal networks and structures to effectively manage and create GPSA value to Takeda. This should include establishing an effective communication to increase awareness of GPSA initiatives and their importance in advancing Takeda s R&D priorities
- Identifies and expands relationships with academic institutions, and other non-profit organizations to advance the vision of R&D science philanthropy
- Oversee the development of an R&D science philanthropy strategy and plan. This includes the implementation of an R&D process/system to ensure alignment and tracking of Takeda contributions
- Effectively communicate with key internal and external stakeholders to increase awareness of Takeda s approach to Science Policy and its importance in advancing Takeda s R&D priorities.
- Represents the GPSA functional groups on cross-functional teams to design and implement new strategic initatives such as organizational transformations, change management projects, and operational excellence plans that suppor the global R&D vision
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
This role spans across all of global R&D
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of R&D asset strategy and operations
- Global R&D expertise with demonstrated strong ability for collaboration and team leadership; experience leading and working with cross-cultural teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Executive leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise
- Accountable for decision making for Global Science Policy function
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Ability to effectively implement R&D s partnership strategy
- Effectively represent Takeda in High-level negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions.
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Breadth of knowledge required across therapeutic areas, indications, and/or modalities
- Experience operating in a multi-disciplinary drug development environment including international experience and exposure to a variety of therapeutic areas.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required, Advanced degree in biomedical science preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of of pharmaceutical industry experience including at least two of the following areas: product development, strategic planning, portfolio management and business operations
- Minimum of 8+ years in management level positions with increasing responsibilities
- Experience working within complex global organizations, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively across different functions and geographic regions
- Deep knowledge and understanding of R&D operations
- Excellent change management and stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence and proactively engage others in new approaches to business delivery
- Proven ability to work from a position of influence to build consensus
- Self-motivated with a clear track record of delivering results in challenging and ambiguous situations
- Excellent communicator, with strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to credibly represent Takeda with senior executives both internally and externally.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.