Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr. Research Associate - Toxicology in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Help us make safer drugs | The next generation of life changing medicines include gene therapies, oligonucleotides and cell therapies all honed to treat previously untreatable diseases. Help us shape this next generation of life-saving medicines by improving the therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive detection & de-risking of dose limiting toxicities.
- Deliver decision-making data | Conduct state of the art in vitro assays to detect & de-risk cardiovascular toxicities for medicines in discovery & development. Help shape the evolution of cell & gene therapies to deliver safer & more effective medicines for patients with rare diseases.
- Develop biomarker models | Validate new biomarkers for cardiovascular risk assessment.
- Lead and deliver in vitro assays, including biochemical, traditional cell culture and functional immuno assays.
- Use molecular & cellular biology to investigate mechanisms of drug-induced immuno toxicity.
- Collaborate with toxicologists & project teams to make safer medicines.
- Present information at internal and external meetings.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors with 6+ years of lab experience in academic or industrial setting with experience in immunology, biology, pharmacology, toxicology or a related discipline
- Masters degree + 2 years experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with advanced cell culture approaches with cell lines, primary cells, and immune cells.
- Experience with cytokine measurement by ELISA or Luminex, and immune phenotyping by flow cytometry is required.
- Cell and molecular biology skills for genetic perturbation (siRNA, shRNA, CRISPR), lentiviral or retroviral production and transduction of mammalian cells, gene expression analysis, and biomarker assay development and validation.
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment at a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.