Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Global Human Resources Business Partner in Research & Development in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Associate Director, HR Business Partner is responsible for leading, defining, and implementing strategic Leadership coaching and business support for complex, matrixed global businesses across multiple business units. It is the responsibility of the Associate Director, HR Business Partner to oversee the administration of human resources (HR) policies and coordination of HR initiatives for assigned functions. Given the complexities of the businesses supported, these activities will many times involve coordination of varying HR policies and practices across multiple regions and/or global HR support groups. It is the responsibility of the Associate Director HR Business Partner to understand the differences of the available options and resources and coordinate the most effective and value added solution for the businesses supported. This individual works with very little direction and a high level of independence. Coaches and supports high level executives, function heads and senior-level management in all leadership, business strategy and HR-related areas. The Associate Director, HR Business Partner, identifies barriers to organizational success (organizational design, training, recruiting, and compensation) to drive and support appropriate change. Policies and initiatives include organization and leadership development, performance management, compensation, employee training and development, reward and recognition systems, career path, job analysis and descriptions, compliance, and employee relations. This position works closely with the Sr. Director/Director HR in an effort to develop and implement departmental goals, objectives and systems that correspond with the organizational strategy. Partners with global HR support functions and other local HR functions to identify, develop and deliver projects to align with business objectives and to address Takeda employee needs. In addition, the Associate Director, HR Business Partner provides leadership to HR Business Partners.
- Identifies, defines, and implements appropriate human resources strategy across aligned businesses within the organization.
- Defines, models, and reinforces Takeda s culture by ensuring that HR practices are aligned with organizational objectives.
- Understands policies, procedures and offerings across Takeda s multiple global locations and coordinates effectively with local HR in order to appropriately and consistently administer policies and practices across global organizations.
- Drives creation of policies, procedures and processes on global HR activities such as compensation and talent acquisition with non US regional HR business partners in order to ensure streamlined HR activities across a global organization.
- Advises client groups on organizational and human resource issues (i.e., organizational effectiveness, change management, performance management, compensation, etc) . In partnership with the management team, proactively identifies needs and develops and implements appropriate approaches, processes and tools. Collaborates with local HR to ensure compliance with local employment law and practices.
- Leads efforts to develop global HR programs/processes to support overall effectiveness of the businesses supported.
- Guides executives and functional leadership in the development of departmental goals, objectives, and systems that correspond with and are aligned to support organizational strategy.
- Assists leadership in managing across complex, matrixed organizations
- Creates, implements and maintains global metrics that can be used to build global strategic workforce planning models in all regions, working closely with regional HR business partners to gather data and ensure outcomes are sustainable in various regions.
- Analyzes global trends in turnover, hiring, promotion, separation, grievances, etc. to determine and implement preventative actions needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
- Manages employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and work/performance issues while ensuring legal compliance across regions, leveraging employee abilities and managing risk. Effectively investigates issues, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action.
- In partnership with senior leadership, develops strategy to increase organizational effectiveness as business needs change.
- Partners with senior management to identify and address leadership development needs.
- Coaches the leadership teams to enhance their impact on employees to address organizational needs.
- Leads cross-functional initiatives to address business needs. May serve as global HR subject matter expert on internal HR cross-functional project teams (i.e., global performance management).
- Proactively provides HR solutions to address key business capabilities.
- Partners with Compensation department to complete equity studies, job description creation/updates/analysis process; salary planning within budgetary guidelines. Ensures strategic alignment between compensation and incentive programs and business needs.
- Serves as liaison with Talent Acquisition function to ensure workforce planning, recruiting and hiring strategies are met.
- Provides training and OD interventions to managers and employees as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews. Works with internal partners such as Legal, Security, Compliance, and other HR departments to resolve employee issues as appropriate.
- May manage professional level HR contributors such as Associate HR Business Partner or HR Business Partners who support aligned projects and businesses.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required
- Minimum 10 years HRBP or generalist experience required
- Human Resources experience in the health care or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Master s degree preferred
- Global HR Experience preferred
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips.
- International travel will be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.