Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II, DMPK in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
To find a passionate scientist with strong PK/PD expertise who will represent DMPK in interdisciplinary project teams to ensure effective application and integration of PK and PK/PD studies to facilitate the development of cell and gene therapies.
- Represent DMPK in discovery and development project teams. Initiate and engage in multifunctional collaborations to optimize drug candidates and prepare for their clinical advancement
- Be responsible for the design and interpretation of PK, ADME, and PK/PD studies. Provide model-based quantitative PK/PD data integration to characterize therapeutics exposure and safety/efficacy relationship and to projects its efficacious exposure and dose range in patients
- Facilitate risk assessment of the candidates in clinical development and support of clinical study protocol development for human safety and efficacy trials
- Play a visible role in global DMPK to share learning and enhance consistency in best practices across sites and disease areas about targeted therapeutics/biologics discovery and development
- Keep up to date with emerging literature and science in the biologics development in oncology
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ph. D. degree in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, or related biomedical disciplines. Applicants with post-doctoral training or industry working experience in CAR T or gene therapies are preferable.
- Thorough understanding of basic principles of pharmacokinetics or enzyme kinetics. Strong PK/PD analysis and mathematic modeling skill, with expertise in modeling software, such as Winnonlin, ADAPT, NONMEM, MATLAB.
- Demonstrate strong interests and learning capabilities to grasp disease biology and mechanism of action of CAR T and gene therapies, thus, to facilitate preclinical to clinical translation of efficacy and safety profiles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate complex research findings and recommendations, and seek to excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability for critical thinking and strong analytical skills to evaluate complex information for the identification of key scientific findings related to projects.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting tight deadlines
- Maintains excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
USA - Boston - Home