Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Principle Scientist, Membrane Protein Biochemist in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
This position will form part of a multidisciplinary team whose goal is to identify and develop therapeutic monoclonal antibodies targeting membrane proteins in a variety of indications in IO/Oncology, GI, CNS and rare diseases.
- Knowledge in membrane protein biology and engineering with a strong publication record.
- Provide technical leadership to implement novel methodologies to express, purify, isolate and evaluate function of multispanner membrane proteins/complexes using detergent or other solubilization techniques for use in immunizations or antibody screening.
- Scientifically sound in cell line generation and gene editing via lentivirus/CRISPR techniques.
- Knowledge of biophysical characterization and crystallography and/or Cryo-EM techniques of membrane proteins
- Independently generate, analyze and present data at team meetings.
- Interface with teams within function as well as other functional and project teams and champion new ideas.
- Demonstrates broad technical program knowledge
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on membrane proteins
- Develops and oversees novel scientific projects and will manage the work of others directly or in a matrixed structure
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Stays informed about current literature and best practices in the field
- Provides information to group to influence direction, departmental goals and/or business
- Collaborates with others, and acts as scientific resource for department/team
- Participates in external interactions and collaborations
- Receives high level instructions on work; determines methods on new assignments; greater demonstrated independence; may manage junior staff
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 8+ years experience , or
- MS with 12+ years experience, or
- BS with 14+ years experience
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.