Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an IT Portfolio Management Lead in our Cambridge. MA or Zurich, Switzerland office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an IT Portfolio Management Lead working on the IT Portfolio and Change Management team, you will be empowered to govern future IS/IT project investments and enable alignment with strategy and priorities through efficient project portfolio management and governance model.
In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by Manage the development and maintenance of the functional and enterprise IT roadmaps and portfolios across the business functions and in close collaboration with other areas within the IS/IT organization. A typical day will include:
- Govern future IS/IT project investments and enable alignment with strategy and priorities through efficient project portfolio management and governance model
- Manage the development and maintenance of the functional and enterprise IT roadmaps and portfolios across the business functions and in close collaboration with other areas within the IS/IT organization
- Maintain and improve portfolio management maturity; contribute to design of, pilot and implement leading portfolio management capabilities and supportive tools for project and portfolio management in collaboration with peer PMO s
- Manage portfolio governance meetings and enable decision makers with portfolio decision support information to drive fact-based decisions
- Improve portfolio optimization and selection practices across IS/IT, manage alignment with portfolio financials and enhance capabilities to assess and maximize the value with optimally balanced portfolio profile
- Raise the altitude of investments needing leadership attention
- Lead and manage a full portfolio of programs/projects through demand to benefits realization and ensure that operational activities aligns to the wider business objectives
- Track portfolio progress from initiation to completions
- Accountable for demand intake and portfolio Reporting including financials from plan, actuals and forecasts.
- Accountable for driving demand quality and portfolio completeness across IS / IT globally
- Responsible for compliance to standards and definitions for investment alignment with strategies and enterprise / functional / regional priorities
- Chair portfolio governance committee meetings and direct functional portfolio managers for preparing governance meetings and coordinating with other governance bodies
- Align demand planning to budget cycle (3 years plan).
- Responsible for maintaining overview of consolidated resource demand and capacity
- Share System management responsibility for Project Portfolio Management system PMS
- Responsible for maintaining and improving portfolio management maturity
- Lead implementation of portfolio management capabilities and supportive tools for project and portfolio management in collaboration with peer PMOs
- Share responsibility to Improve portfolio optimization and selection practices across IS/IT
- Share Responsibility for cross PMO project portfolio framework development
- Accountable for developing Training concepts, improving portfolio management best practice and knowledge on Takeda portfolio management capabilities and governance model
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role as portfolio manager or multiple years of project/program manager experience on a global level
- Experience with senior management and stakeholder presentations, engagement and support
- Investment management mindset
- Knowledge and understanding about financial and budget processes
- Proactive in engaging with stakeholders on all levels
- Very good communication skills and supportive and service minded in nature
- Previous people management experience Ability to write and speak in the English language
- Certified project management professional (PMP or Prince 2)
- Access to transportation to attend meetings
- Ability to fly to meetings regionally and globally
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.