Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Project Management Coordinator Translational Sciences, Oncology in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Project Management Coordinator Translational Sciences, Oncology , you will be empowered to support Boston Oncology Translational Sciences team s and assist in the monitoring and management of the project progress . A typical day will include:
- Supports Boston Oncology Translational Sciences team s platform groups (Translational Discovery, Translational Development, Translational Genomics, Translational Technologies) to organize and streamline operations of these groups and support critical cross-functional working group meetings within the Translational Sciences team and broadly
- Supports development, management and monitoring of external research advisors/alliances for support throughout translational development.
- Provides support for the development of cross-functional initiatives including but not limited to STORK (Strategic Translational Oncology Research Knowledge-Base)
- Provides administrative assistance to key senior leaders within Translational Sciences, including, but not limited to, calendar management, expense reports, domestic and international travel arrangements, purchase orders, meeting planning, and other administrative support as requested.
Project Management (approximately 80% total)
- Supports designated groups with regard to managing schedules/timelines, arranging meetings, coordinating correspondences, follow-up documentation and meeting summaries to enable proper follow-through.
- Provides cross functional project support for the organization, ingestion, and delivery of data into STORK to help guide pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Reaches out to project team members to identify and address project needs as agreed upon by group managers of departments that are supported
- As requested by group managers, provides appropriate minutes (including summary of key outcomes and action items), facilitates review by project team members, and stores on project team site along with other meeting materials
- Coordinates correspondences and maintains effective records on behalf of groups and projects being supported
- Facilitates communication of project progress as appropriate (internally or to external stakeholders) through email, internal communication sites, other department meetings, etc
- Assists in the monitoring and management of the project progress, schedules and resources including project and overall group goal tracking
- Helps develop and maintain effective tools for project tracking, reporting and communication.
- Compiles a monthly report of projects activities
- Performs other special projects or duties as assigned by manager or leadership team
Administrative Support (approximately 20% total)
- Schedules and coordinates calendars, onsite and offsite meetings including, but not limited to, managing invitations, entertainment, transportation, dining, budgets, etc., in coordination with Head, Translational Sciences
- Prepares, processes, and reconciles expense reports, credit card statements, invoices, purchase orders, and accounts payables with minimal oversight and in accordance with Company policies
- Prepares limited travel arrangements, including domestic and international, and creates detailed itineraries
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree; scientific field preferred but open to other possibilities if work experience in science- or medicine-based programs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, including 1-2 years project or process management experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry or related life-sciences programs in healthcare/medical/scientific environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to problem-solve, negotiate solutions, think strategically, and operate in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer literacy with proficient skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Concur, SharePoint, and project management software solutions
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management
- Ability to prioritize under pressure while simultaneously managing multiple tasks of varied complexity and criticality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible mindset
- Willingness to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Project management skills are required
- Ability to navigate, query or troubleshoot data portals for documentation and experimental data
- Results oriented
- Ability to proactively identify issues and opportunities and then propose and implement practical, effective and achievable solutions
- Ability to articulate and design processes that have cross-functional impact
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, Telepresence, telephone and video conferencing, etc.)
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, often stressful environment
- Highly effective communications skills written and verbal
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Effective at preparing presentation materials with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Experience with Microsoft Project Professional
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.