The Business Operations Internship provides real life office experience within a fast pace pharmaceutical research company. The Intern will be exposed to projects within many Operational functions, including but not limited to, Administration, Human Resources (HR) and Internal Corporate Communications (CC).
- Provide support to HR Department including but not limited to: On-Boarding Support, Off-Boarding, Records Retention, Employee Law and Relations, Benefits, Training, and Recruitment
- Partner with internal departments (e.g. Environmental Health and Safety, Legal, Intellectual Property) to ensure required trainings by employees are completed
- Provide support to the Admin Department including but not limited to: Event Coordination, Meeting organization and General office operations
- Provide support to Corporate Communications including but not limited to: Pre-event communications, Event organization and Event coordination
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in an office environment
- Must have ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Must have ability to work effectively with others
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, preferably Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage and maintain accurate and detailed records
- Good time management skills
- Communicates in a clear and articulate manner
- Advanced interpersonal customer service skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and multiple levels of employees, both internal and external
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for long period of time
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)