Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Principal Scientist Biologics Purification in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Leader of the purification group in Global Biologics supporting program in the therapeutic areas of IO/Oncology, GI/Immunology, CNS, and Rare Disease. Innovative thinker with expertise in both immunogen and therapeutic design. Strategic leader to increase throughput by implementing automation and driving successful purification strategies for proteins and new modalities. Strong background in biologics drug discovery and driver of biologics strategy in program advancement.
- Strong experience in protein biochemistry, purification using AKTA FPLCs (affinity and conventional chromatography) as well as automated platforms.
- Experience in protein modification using enzymatic and chemical methods and biophysical characterization such as analytical SEC and mass spectrometry.
- Deep understanding of both protein biochemistry and structural biology with an ability to design both immunogens and therapeutics, and a good understanding of antibody generation platforms.
- Experienced in purification techniques for multiple classes of secreted proteins as well as alternate formats of therapeutics.
- Works effectively in a fast-paced matrix team environment and delivers effectively on goals
- Excellent communicator who can communicate progress and develop partnerships internally with relevant stakeholders
- Effectively utilizes both internal and external resources to prioritize effectively
- Good understanding of all downstream aspects of therapeutics including developability and formulation to enable a smooth handoff.
- Stays up to date on scientific advancement in area of expertise as well as advances in multiple areas in biologics drug discovery.
- Experienced manager who creates a culture of inclusion and develops personnel to enable advancement and external recognition
- Demonstrates well-developed knowledge of other disciplines / departments and how they function together
- Designs and directs research strategy and activities to meet program objectives; provide leadership, timelines and contingency plans
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree with 8+ years of experience. Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent with 14+ years of experience, or Master's degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent with 12+ years of experience
- Demonstrates well-developed knowledge of other disciplines, and departments and how they function together
- Demonstrates either or both:
- Exceptional project management skills
- Broad recognition for in-depth expertise in a scientific discipline
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.