Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Sr. Research Associate II Analytical Chemistry - GI at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Research Associate II Analytical Chemistry - GI, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
- Oversee the QC and Recovery analysis and data processing for all LC/MS and SFC/MS systems.
- Perform purification, analysis and method development and support compounds registration for GI chemistry projects.
- Operate complex laboratory equipment and perform routine maintenance/repair on Waters LC/MS and SFC/MS instruments including setting up experiment and trouble shoot.
- Independently conducts multiple complex experiments and/or tasks within a project scope,
exercising judgement to evaluate a variety of technical factors, and obtain optimum solutions
- Perform routine purification of chemistry samples and related samples registration duties
- First contact person for Waters Open Access systems & basic troubleshooting.
- Manage QC and Recovery, data processing for all LC/MS and SFC/MS systems.
- Assist in the establishment of procedures and research methodologies, and monitor and maintain necessary laboratory supplies.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Proficiency with Waters LC/MS and SFC/MS system is highly desired
- Experience with Agilent 1100/1200 HPLC systems is preferred
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of currently assigned research methods
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of science/technology outside specific discipline
- Recognizes problems and considers the significance of irregularities
- Well organized, clear communicator in both oral and written forms.
- Receives high-level instructions on all work; acts independently to determine methods on new assignments; provides guidance and may oversee junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 6+ years experience, or MS in a scientific discipline, or equivalent with 2+ years experience
San Diego, CA
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA