The incumbent will join a growing team of scientists and research associates engaged in discovery and translational research of several viral vaccines. Working in a fast-paced environment, he/she will contribute by performing molecular biology and protein expression and purification projects. Communication skills are essential to working in a team setting, and to communicate results of the studies to supervisor and team and at group meetings. This position requires the ability to analyze and troubleshoot experiments, optimize assays and implement solutions. Experience in a GLP or similar environment is highly desirable, along with experience handling live viruses.
- Perform molecular biology projects to support ongoing programs including cloning new sequences, PCR based assays, sequencing and sequence informatics.
- Perform protein expression and purification procedures.
- Make routine decisions for successful execution of assigned projects and propose project improvements and recommendations to the team.
- Become familiar with scientific literature related to assigned projects, and apply findings to interpret and improve experimental design and results
- Prepare and handle samples, data, and equipment according to standard operating procedures and document results in laboratory notebooks and reports according to principles of Good Laboratory Practices.
- Assemble and interpret own data for reports and presentations within the team and company, using sound scientific principles.
- Lead and/or assist other team members in specific projects/duties.
- Comply with Takeda safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote Takeda s Core Competencies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BS in biological sciences with a minimum of 6 years revelant experience, or a MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- In depth knowledge of molecular biology and protein biochemistry. Ablility to work independently with moderate supervision as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience working in a BSL-2 environment. Experience working in a GLP environment, ideally in a corporate setting is preferred.
- Ability to optimize and implement scientific methods as they pertain to research goals.
- Experience preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses of experimental procedures, data, and conclusions.
- Be well organized and detail oriented, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and computer analysis skills.
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements in a BSL-2 environment.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical laboratory standing, bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Willingness to travel to internal and external training, project and collaborator meetings, including overnight trips (expected to be infrequent).
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.