Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist I, Toxicology in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Scientist I, Toxicology, you will be empowered to Independently perform complex in vitro scientific projects and develop and validate new biomarkers. A typical day will include:
OBJECTIVE: Help us make safer drugs | The next generation of life changing medicines include gene therapies, oligonucleotides and cell therapies all honed to treat previously untreatable diseases. Help us shape this next generation of life-saving medicines by improving the therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive detection & de-risking of dose limiting toxicities. Deliver decision-making data | Conduct state of the art in vitro assays to detect & de-risk drug-induced toxicities for medicines in discovery & development, with a nonexclusive focus in cardiac and cardiovascular toxicity. Help shape the evolution of cell & gene therapies to deliver safer & more effective medicines for patients with rare diseases.
- Independently perform complex in vitro scientific projects to characterize pathway biology contributing to on- and off-target drug-induced toxicity of rare disease therapeutics, as well as drug candidates in the oncology, GI, and neuroscience disease areas.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art experimental systems such as microtissue and/or microfluidic/organ-on-a-chip approaches.
- Develop and validate new biomarkers for in vitro and in vivo risk assessment, with a focus in cardiovascular toxicities.
- Collaborate with discovery toxicologists to make safer medicines.
- Present information at internal and external meetings and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Our growing Investigative Toxicology team is hiring scientists with PhD degrees in biology, pharmacology, toxicology or a related discipline, or Masters with 6+ years experience, to support development of platform-specific risk assessment across organ systems, with emphasis in cardiovascular.
- The successful candidate will apply a problem-solving mentality to de-risk next generation therapeutic modalities.
- Experience with advanced cell culture approaches including cell lines, primary cells, microfluidic systems, and/or iPSC derived cardiomyocytes.
- Cell and molecular biology skills including development of reporter assays, application of knock-out, knock-down technology, PCR, Western Blot, immunofluorescent imaging, and biomarker assay development and validation.
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment at a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO preferred.
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Analytical experience in languages such as Python or R.
- A strong peer-reviewed publication record, such as in novel method or biomarker development, pharmacology, toxicology, and/or cardiovascular science.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- DABT certification desirable, but not necessary.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.