Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Brand Medical Communications (GI) in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director, Brand Medical Communications working on the Gastroenterology (GI) team, you will be empowered to establish and execute upon our commercial medical communications strategy for Entyvio. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by developing disease state content that enhances the lives of our patients. A typical day will include:
- Create strategic and tactical launch plan for novel clinical decision-making tool designed to change the treatment paradigm for Crohn s patients
- Serve as primary commercial liaison with medical affairs to understand the evolving approaches to Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD) treatment
- Develop unbranded, disease state content to advance optimal treatment of IBD
- Serve as primary subject matter expert for relevant medical activity and thought practices related to IBD for the brand team
- Develop and execute a comprehensive commercial medical communications strategy that includes use of publications (as appropriate), presence at medical congresses, KOL partnerships, etc.
- Lead strategy and execution of an unbranded clinical decision-making tool in Crohn s disease through partnership with founders and cross-functional internal team to bring a first-in-class tool to the market
- Assess changes in IBD clinical treatment paradigm and build plan to best position Entyvio clinically with HCPs
- Assess external partnership opportunities that will allow Takeda bring value in clinical decision-making, patient: physician communication, and other areas that demonstrate leadership in IBD treatment
- Work with cross-functional partners (primarily medical) to develop unbranded disease state content that can be delivered by the commercial organization
- Establish and evolve a significant investment in peer-to-peer programming through the sales force and at congresses
- Identify and cultivate relationships with top-tier and emerging Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) whom can help inform and disseminate medical communications plan
- Establish and execute a robust advisory Board strategy and plan
- Lead agency relationships and manage the Medical Communications partners to ensure best thought leadership and execution of plans
- Ensure a high level of cross-functional coordination, strategic planning, budget adherence, customer service and creativity in managing and executing all aspects Key Opinion Leader (KOL) management
- Support brand team counterparts, contribute to a positive team culture and uphold the Takeda values and principles
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree required, MBA preferred, accompanied by a minimum of 10+ years in sales, marketing, or related commercial function in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Prior experience working with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), medical affairs and/or scientific areas
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical guidelines and regulations
- Experience with vendor and budget management
- Analytical skill set required with project management and conflict resolution experience
- Requires approximately ~50% travel with weekend travel required
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.