Lead Recombinant Process Hematology
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation
and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission
- The overall purpose for this senior level in-house, intellectual property counsel is to provide the organization with strategic legal expertise in a variety of intellectual property areas relevant to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
- The position requires strong scientific, strategic analysis, communication and presentation skills. It also requires the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences in various jurisdictions around the world
- This position will be responsible for the following:
- serving as the global Lead Recombinant Process IP counsel for programs in Hematology;
- providing legal advice and client service related to patents, trade secrets and other intellectual property matters, including oppositions, IPRs and litigation; overseeing domestic and international patent prosecution; assisting on business development and licensing transactions, and third-party research collaborations.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- In depth knowledge of practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office and the European Patent Office. Strong technical analysis skills in the area of biologics drugs.
- Strong knowledge of relevant case law, industry trends and changing legislation. Strong strategic analysis skills.
- Leadership Capabilities: Integrity; ability to establish productive relationships at all levels of organization; team player, proactive, sound business judgment; ability to quantify and mitigate risks; strong written and oral communication skills; positive work ethics and high energy.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- This position will be responsible for day to day ownership of decision making related to IP counseling, the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, counseling regarding oppositions and IPRs, advising teams on patentability, freedom to operate and general diligence.
- Candidate should possess the ability to work both independently and within a team structure while executing matters consistent with company strategic goals
- The IP support ranges from very early stage development to life-cycle management of commercialized products.
- This position is part of a small global IP Hematology team. This requires the ability to work on both large and small matters while keeping the IP Therapeutic Head of Hematology updated on significant matters.
- Candidate should possess the ability to work on a global level (1) independently, (2) within a team structure, (3) with external law firms, and (4) external business partners consistent with company strategic goals. As this is a senior position, the candidate should have experience and work well with senior business leaders.
- A high level of scientific knowledge is required along with experience with early stage and late stage development of biologic products, commercialized products and life-cycle management.
- Candidate should have the ability to render advice and manage IP issues for a scope of work that could include several commercialized drug and R&D pipeline products, including work associated with their IP portfolios, their development teams, external business partners and law firms
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- JD and state licensure.
- Registration to practice before the USPTO and strong technical background in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field (perhaps Chem or Chem Eng.) with experience in manufacturing.
- Master or Ph.D preferred. Law firm and in-house experience required. Candidate should have 10+ years of experience in Intellectual Property.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.