Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Research Scientist in our Quantitative Solutions team in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- The preclinical translational modeling and simulation group of Takeda Pharmaceuticals in Cambridge MA is seeking a quantitative systems toxicology modeling & simulation scientist to support global drug development by building system pharmacology/toxicology models such as intracellular cell growth signaling, cardiac ion channel inhibition, myelosuppression, gastrointestinal toxicity, and drug induced liver injury models. The successful candidate will collaborate with nonclinical Drug Safety, Drug Discovery, Quantitative Translational Sciences, Drug metabolism, Clinical Pharmacology and Quantitative Solutions Discovery and Development teams to develop mathematical models to understand the targeted biological pathways and exposure-toxicity relationship of novel therapeutic agents. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing the right modeling & simulation strategy to assist with lead optimization, establish TK/TD relationships and create mechanistic toxicity models to support project needs. Essential qualifications include in depth understanding of toxicology, cancer- and/or neuro- biology, immunology and numerical methods, as well as hands-on experience with modeling and simulation software, and ability to clearly present modeling and simulation findings.
- This is an exciting opportunity at the interface between nonclinical drug safety, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacology and translational medicine to influence molecule development.
- The candidate is expected to design and build translational PK/PD, TK/TD and mechanistic models or platforms to understand the mechanism, translatability and impacts of toxicity findings (both from in vivo and in vitro toxicology studies). The candidate will also apply the mathematical models to evaluate potential toxicity mitigation plan.
- Keep up to date with emerging literature and science in toxicology and mathematical modeling of toxicology
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D/Pharm.D/M.D with training in chemical or biomedical engineering, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent area with at least 3 years of experience in mathematical modeling of biological systems.
- Demonstrated competency in coding and running modeling and simulation related software with basic knowledge in pharmacokinetics.
- Publications applying QSP modeling and simulation approaches is a strong plus.
- Proficiency with systems modeling approaches such as differential equation, logic, stochastic, agent-based, or other advanced mechanistic modeling approaches is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate complex research findings and recommendations, and seek to excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability for critical thinking and strong analytical skills to evaluate complex information for the identification of key scientific findings related to projects.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting project deadlines.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.