Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Project Management in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director, Project Management, you will be empowered to manage global DMPK budget and coordinate governance approvals. A typical day will include:
The person will provide budget management and outsource strategy for Global DMPK, coordinate the Global DMPK activities across all sites and be the project management liaison to the global Drug Discovery Units (DDUs), Therapeutic Area Units (TAUs), DSRE, QTS and Pharm Sci Groups. This person will be responsible for managing the successful delivery of project-related key performance indicators (KPI) to meet strategic objectives of projects from discovery, to development and to registration for Takeda portfolio. The person will collaboratively guide scientific project leaders and teams, and ensure that the pre-clinical discovery and development strategies are integrated into an efficient plan to achieve successful operational execution.
- Manages global DMPK budget in coordinating with local DMPK leaders to support Takeda portfolios
- Manages project planning efforts of research teams by effectively translating the project strategy into an efficiently executable plan; executes optimal outsource model to balance internal and external work load; works with solutions to achieve successful operational execution of cross-functional activities that leads to high quality asset selection and successful development.
- Partners with DMPK leaders with whom they will collaboratively guide and influence to achieve clarity on issues, bringing focus to the work plans and influencing decision-making
- Coordinates governance approvals for the key project deliverables.
- Works closely with the Global DMPK leadership to identify and drive resource priorities across projects that align with the business objectives.
- Establishes, communicates, and executes plans resulting in achievement of project goals by
- identifies ways (scientific or strategic) to accelerate the project execution where possible while maintaining high quality standards;
- Manages project timelines considering risk, cost, and benefit to Takeda;
- Works within cross-functional and cross-divisional individuals in relevant communications, decisions and working groups as appropriate; and
- Guides the creation of project strategies and prepare presentations to management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BS/MS in business administration with experience in scientific discipline; a Project Management Professional Certificate is desirable
- Thorough knowledge (minimum 12 years) of the pharmaceutical industry and experience in Discovery Research, Clinical Research, CMC, or other drug development related function with direct experience of progressing assets to IND and NDA.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a project manager and outsource activities with a proven track record of managing and advancing assets
- Project leadership and management skills are required
- Proven leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes and key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations
- Strong influencing skills
- People management experience and/or proven leadership experience in managing a matrix team is desired.
- Ability to predict issues and solve problems by independent resolution
- Ability to articulate and establish processes that have cross-functional impact
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional team structure
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, Telepresence, telephone and video conferencing, etc.)
- Ability to inspire and motivate an interfacing and cross-geographical team
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, often stressful environment
- Highly effective communications skills written and verbal
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective negotiation and positive influencing abilities
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically in conflict situations
- Highly effective presentation skills create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Microsoft Project Professional, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Fluent in English
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
- May travel to the US and Japan offices and other meeting locations internationally.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.