R0010966 Associate Director Medical Review (USBU)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Medical Review in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an Associate Director, Medical Review working on the US Medical Office team, you will be empowered to deliver high-quality, balanced and timely medical and scientific information regarding assigned products and serve as a technical and/or operational resource. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission. A typical day will include:
- Deliver high-quality, balanced and timely medical and scientific information regarding assigned products and serve as a technical and/or operational resource
- Provide advanced medical and scientific review for promotional materials, press releases, and sales training communications
- Provide advanced medical and scientific review for non-promotional medical materials and others as identified
- Serve as an experienced medical and scientific resource to internal stakeholders, including Medical Team(s), Brand Team(s), Regulatory Advertising and Promotion, Legal and others.
- Actively participates, supports, and contributes to assigned Medical, Regulatory, and Legal cross-functional teams in promotional review
- Serves as an experienced medical resource and collaborator for other non-medical internal stakeholders as it pertains to medical review and/or other identified commercial and corporate needs
- Grant formal approval via signature authority for the cross-functional promotional review activities including: 1) providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages and content, 2) reviewing promotional materials for content and accuracy, and 3) coordinate the development, review, and approval of clinical data on file to support promotional claims
- Maintains current awareness on industry standards and regulations, shares insights and applies best practices to promotional review and other related activities
- Provide medical review for identified medical and other non-promotional materials as requested
- Maintains current knowledge of assigned disease state, product, competitors, and other relevant medical and scientific developments
- Participates in assigned medical, brand, or company related meetings as requested
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
The qualified candidate will:
- Have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- 2-3 years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree including a minimum of 2 years of medical communications experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Possesses advanced communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages to communicate with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the drug development process including key phases, processes, and techniques utilized for both pre- and post-marketing research studies.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Therapeutic area experience
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience
- Board Certification in therapeutic area of interest
- Completion of pharmaceutical industry related residency or fellowship
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (10-20%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on therapeutic responsibilities.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please