Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Research Associate Antibody Discovery at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Associate Antibody Discovery, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
- The research associate will join a fast-paced Biotherapeutic Engineering team within Global Biologics Research.
- The candidate will perform complex research assignments and will be responsible for the discovery and engineering of therapeutic biologics including antibodies, fusions and other platforms.
- The candidate will communicate results within the Biotherapeutic Engineering team and with cross functional project team members.
- Under minimal supervision, execute discovery and lead optimization projects using display platform technologies with high quality and efficiency
- Handle large data sets and analyze the data. Identify hits based on affinity, specificity and potency.
- Isolate DNA/RNA, analyzing sequencing data.
- Apply knowledge of antibody function and characterization, conduct repertoire analysis, and V region classification
- Express hits in yeast or mammalian system, purify antibodies
- Characterized purity, affinities and specificity of purified hits
- Thoroughly document experiments and communicate results within the team and cross functional project teams
- Initiates routine and non-routine problem investigation and recommends solutions
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- Understands antibody structure and function, and biologics discovery process.
- Receives high level instructions on routine work; general instructions on new assignments; able to execute on assigned tasks with some supervision.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science (or equivalent) with 2+ years experience, or MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science
- Experiences in antibody discovery and engineering
- Experience with high-throughput antibody binding screens (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, flow cytometry)
- Experience in bacteria, yeast and mammalian culture.
- Experience with protein purification and analysis is highly desired
- Molecular biology skills including PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, cloning.
- Experience with library construction is desired
- Experience with FACS sorting is highly desired
- Experience with antibody sequence isolation, reformatting, expression and purification is highly desired
- Experience with yeast or other display library screening is preferable
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Pay attention to details. Able to follow SOP
San Diego, CA
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA