Manager, Marketing & Sales Analytics
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as aManager, Entyvio Marketing Analytics in our Greater Boston area, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manager of Entyvio Marketing Analyticsworking in theSpecialty Business Unit, you will be empowered to help develop the market Analytics for the GI therapeutic area and a typical day will include:
- Leverage skills in data analytics to build insightful, creative and continuously improving deliverables to the sales and marketing teams and other key stakeholders across the Takeda Gastroenterology Business Unit.
- Bring a consultative approach to working with stakeholders. Work closely with a cross-functional team to analyze data and synthesize insights.
- Serve as a trusted resource within the GI Business Unit for sales, marketing, managed markets, and patient analytics and insights, while gaining greater exposure as the organization grows. Is an advisor across the commercial organization for implementing effective analytics and reporting solutions to deliver clear, accurate actionable insights with a relentless focus on accuracy.
- Lead business reviews with the sales, managed markets and marketing leadership for specified disease state portfolio of products to provide recommendations on effective analysis to answer business questions and provide reporting on HCP, Account and Patient level analytics, including targeting, call activity, payer coverage and patient engagement. Also responsible for developing new capabilities to develop analysis and models that use best practices and industry knowledge.
- Function as an internal partner and liaison between the GI Analytics and Sales, Marketing Patient Engagement and/or Managed Markets teams. Has responsibility for communicating requirements for each ad hoc request, developing the project plan, and coordinating and preparing analysis that will be incorporated directly into the ongoing reporting, sales force effectiveness, special projects, annual brand planning, reimbursement process and other critical sales, marketing, patient services and managed markets team decision processes. Has a deep understanding of the types of analysis and insights that can be drawn from using HCP, account and patient level data and can act as an advisor and speak effectively to senior leaders about the meaning of analysis done.
- Focus and work with patient level claims, account and HCP sales data and answered business questions related to the brand, marketing, sales analytics, HUB and sales force effectiveness. Can add new insights in looking at call activity, sales force sizing and opportunity. Is familiar with patient journey and line of therapy analytics.
- Work closely with the reporting and data integrity teams to ensure data sources are clean and accurate and any resulting reports reflect the nature of the analysis.
- Lead the development of a holistic cross-functional IBD analytics point of view to address specified ad hoc sales, marketing, managed markets, HUB and/or cross-functional business questions that require the integration of output from marketing analytics, sales analytics, decision science, and primarily market research.
- Create value by adding own and synthesizing groups insights into actionable reports with insights from the results, the why of the visual information.
- Represent any level of Sr. GI Analytics Staff as appropriate on internal committees or external team (e.g. business partners) meetings and communications. Suggests content for agendas, prepares and delivers presentations to address information needs and provides perspective of IBD Analytics team to decisions at hand.
- Partner with GI Leadership teams to help develop strategies and provide input into key strategic decisions based on sound analytics. Delivers answers to key business questions around the impact of marketing, sales, patient services and managed markets efforts. Works closely with leadership to establish metrics and KPIs for patient engagement, sales, marketing and managed markets initiatives.
- Manage the performance of detailed, comprehensive secondary market data analyses in the area of regional market landscapes for product portfolios with annual sales force effort expenditures worth hundreds of millions of dollars or more.
- Represent GI Analytics team in discussions with senior executives, brand and sales force effectiveness submissions for USBU and TPC. Recommends courses of action to support executive decision making in strategic business planning activities, such as introduction of CSOs, sizing changes, new marketing campaigns.
- Lead reporting projects that enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of the Marketing, Sales Analytics, Managed Markets, Sales Force Effectiveness and/or Patient Services department in business analytics and data driven insights. This involves identification and implementation of data sources, cluster analysis techniques and setting recommendations.
- Work with analysts to ensure that appropriate analytical techniques are fully leveraged.
- Take the lead role in working with other cross-functional departments (e.g., IT, Data Governance, Commercial Operations, Forecasting, Finance, Managed Markets, Incentive Compensation, Sales Reporting) to ensure data quality, compliance and improve the quality of analytics.
- Spearhead initiatives to create clear and concise reports, utilizing storytelling techniques to connect insights directly to the patient journey.
- Evaluate, recommend and communicate appropriate models/techniques and industry knowledge to other team members.
- Provide team members and vendors with timely, constructive feedback, and support. Motivates team to excel by leveraging personal strengths and coaching.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of technical training to new team members (e.g. Tabelau, SQL, PowerBI and SAS or R.)
- Identify and proactively seek out opportunities to automate processes to reduce errors and to free up time for more creative work on existing deliverables.
- Create and deploy tools and resources to continuously improve our understanding of the market and to drive business goals.
- Participate in the recruiting efforts and decision making for new analysts by evaluating potential for success within IBD Analytics and sharing feedback with hiring team.
- Build and maintain a learning and continuous-development environment to ensure employee engagement and growth.
- Promote and maintain good business relationships with vendors, monitor vendor performance and ensure accuracy of the data.
- Manage projects from initiation to implementation including the ability to track timelines and due dates for key deliverables.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 6+ years quantitative analytical or forecasting experience; or advanced degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, electrical or biomedical engineering, economics, math, etc. and 4+ years statistical analysis and/or quantitative experience.
- MBA with a focus on healthcare and data analysis preferred, if MBA, 4+ years work experience required.
- 2+years pharmaceutical analytics/sales/managed markets experience.
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources.
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research. The ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required. Must have in-depth knowledge and experience in a complex franchise-specific market.
- Proven experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources e.g., IQVIA/IMS, SHA and chart audits are required.
- Knowledge of coding techniques in SAS and VBA, (Or Python, R, or similar), comfort with automation of reporting.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or similar preferred, willingness to learn required.
- Experience with people and vendor management preferred.
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, and preparing presentations for customer groups. Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to tease out information required for decision-making.
- Analytical ability to analyze relevant data sources and understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business.
- Project Management Good project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution. In-depth ability to use Microsoft Office and other planning software required.
- Management ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively and align with business goals. Able to empower others by delegating assignment and clarifying expectations.
- Customer Service Orientation - ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to drive impactful analytical projects. Strong commitment to quality. Consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience. Delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable.
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment. Ability to measure and deliver performance feedback as needed.
- Entrepreneurial - ability and desire to take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of out of the box thinking.
- Consultative and creative with a willingness to learn, teach and grow.
- Extensive knowledge of regional landscapes across therapeutic markets and industry best practices.
- Periodic overnight travel may be required, travel not to exceed 10%.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.