Senior Manager,Organizational Operations and Compliance Business Continuity
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Organizational Operations and Compliance Business Continuity in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager, Organizational Operations and Compliance Business Continuity working on the Research and Development team, you will be empowered to support all vendor management activities, building/maintaining external relationships and ensuring alignment with business and regulatory strategies. A typical will include:
- Support all vendor management activities, building/maintaining external relationships and ensuring alignment with business and regulatory strategies.
- Provide operational support in collaboration with internal, external and cross-functional stakeholders as needed.
- Support the development of new or modified policies, processes and procedures.
- Support the execution and management of key strategic initiatives, as needed.
- Support the development and implementation of partnership operating models; and provide vendor oversight as applicable.
- Provide operational support and execution of GRA initiatives, such as budget planning, capacity planning, headcount and other reporting, as needed.
- Support in the identification of GRA process improvement initiatives.
- Provide assistance in the management of workstreams designed to facilitate integration, transition and transformation.
- Support the Director in the development and execution of internal monthly management reports, metrics dashboards, as needed.
- Provide support for strategic and change management initiatives, as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree in a science or business-related field.
- 2+ years experience in Pharmaceutical industry, with 1 year in Regulatory Affairs, research and development or quality assurance/compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global health authorities, regulations, product approval and lifecycle processes for major markets.
- Experience working within a global team framework and a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team and focus on multiple issues/deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to critically analyze complex and/or ambiguous information and the impact on products and process.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to negotiate and form consensus among various parties.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately up to 10-30% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.