Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Animal Lab Assistant in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Animal Lab Assistant in our Husbandry Operations group you will be part of a team that is dedicated to the humane care and welfare of animal models utilized in research. A typical day will include:
The Animal Lab Assistants are responsible for providing quality husbandry and animal care including feeding, watering, cage changes, performing daily health observations of animals in rooms as assigned and administering treatments under the direction of the Veterinarian or designee. In addition, they are responsible for general laboratory upkeep including operation of cage washers and autoclaves, stocking of supplies, routine sanitization, and maintaining a clean, organized environment.
- Feeding, watering and daily health observations of animals in rooms as assigned.
- General facility upkeep, routine sanitization and stocking of supplies.
- Operation of cage washers and autoclaves.
- Maintenance of accurate documentation of work completed and animal related observations.
- Administration of prescribed medications under direction of the Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician.
- Transport of supplies and equipment between facilities.
- Weekend and holiday work is required on a rotating schedule. Responsible for own work, ensuring quality and meeting deadline.
- Responsible for assessing problems or issues that should be brought to the attention of the supervisor or manager.
- Provide technical support to investigators and their staff (e.g. injections, collection of biological samples, compound dosing, micro chipping etc.) as needed.
- Coaches and trains peers where appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate will have one of the following:
- Associate s or Bachelor s Degree or Equivalent either in a scientific field or with animal experience in a veterinary clinic, zoo, etc.
- High School Diploma and three of more years of experience working with laboratory animals
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
- AALAS certification at ALAT level preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 30lbs repeatedly and 50lbs short distances.
- Ability to push pull large equipment short distances.
- Ability to work on their feet for long periods of time
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.