Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Title in our Location office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Sr. Planner Manager Global Oncology is responsible for the planning and on-time execution of product commercialization plans, contract and price negotiations, post-commercialization supply chain management, communication of product/supply chain status and issues to ensure timely decision making by Senior Management. Participates in the development and execution of the pre-commercialization strategy and has primary responsibility for the planning and execution of the post-commercialization strategy, which involves coordination, development and implementation of forecast, marketing and product strategies largely through an external supply chain network.The focus for this position is the management of oncology therapies, specialty biologics, and other key therapeutics distributed globally.This position works with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Regulatory Affairs, and Technical Operations to ensure the supply of high quality product consistently meets Commercial demand for Takeda s oncology products.
- Provide leadership, strategic guidance and management of the inventory supply plan from Launch through the lifecycle of one or more Takeda Global Oncology complex products.
- Leads management and communication of product forecasts, scheduling requirements, goals, resource planning with third party contractors to assure that appropriate capacities and resources are available to produce the product needed for all commercialized products.
- Leads the process to translate inputs from Marketing and Finance into a supply plan and effectively communicate such information across the supply chain through the use of SAP.
- Leads supply S&OP meetings with demand management
- Serve as primary supply chain liaison with Operations Management, Quality, Project Management, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, Regulatory, Sales, Customs and Logistics for commercialized products.
- Authors, reviews, and/or approves pertinent SOPs and manufacturing process instructions
- Oversee and review the development and third party execution against performance metrics and assure timely improvements to operational performance and productivity, as well as communication of planning information to internal and external functional departments.
- Negotiates and balances the needs of the LOC and Clinical (or other entities) and the CMO to ensure demands are met while cultivating collaborative business relationship Influence qualified third party/raw material suppliers to make necessary capital investments and expenditures in order to assure a continuous supply of goods.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of Takeda s working capital, (i.e. bulk drug product, finished drug product, packaging commodities, etc) located within Takeda s network, licensors, or at suppliers, third party contract organizations.
- Oversee development and implementation of cost savings and cost reductions driven by supply chain innovations and improvements.
- Authors, reviews, and/or approves pertinent SOPs and manufacturing process instructions.
- May manage one or more Planning Managers or Associates.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree or a minimum of 8 years of pharmaceutical operations experience
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing operations, biologics drug substance manufacturing, drug product manufacturing (oral solid dose and parenterals,) pharmaceutical packaging, CMC regulations, cGMP, and sterility assurance techniques.
- Moderate to advanced experience with MRP system planning with expertise in SAP.
- APO experience desired
- Must have working knowledge of cGMP regulations and regulatory agencies
- Must have strong negotiating, planning, and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of Finance and Marketing.
- Experience with Third Party Contract Manufacturing and Packaging Facilities
- Proficient in presentation tools and techniques
- APICS and or CPM certification is desirable
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.