Regional Director Managed Markets
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as The Regional Director.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
A typical day will include:
- The Regional Director is responsible for the development of Takeda s strategy for key regional managed markets including commercial, state and federal accounts. They supervise a team of Regional Account Managers (RAM s) and are responsible for their team s development and execution of account business plans in conjunction with corporate objectives. In addition, they work closely with Managed Markets Marketing, NAM s, and Takeda s internal departments to implement profitable contracts, business opportunities, and successful pull-through initiatives for all Takeda products.
- Develop and execute a strategy for the Regional Accounts team to align with Sales and partner to develop the Regional Business ownership mindset between the RSDs and RAM Team.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
- Manage a strategic list of key regional managed markets accounts within Takeda s account groupings, with the goal of focusing RAMs on where they can achieve most profitable formulary access and reimbursement
- Support RAMs in delivering effective relationships with the key customers at gold and silver accounts
- Lead a cross-functional team
- Responsible for hiring, people development and retention strategies in line with Takeda HR goals.
- Manage department s budget to assigned levels.
- Build and leverage relationships with strategic home office/sales, marketing, medical business partners and managed care customers to deliver true partnerships with Takeda s highest priority (e.g., Gold) accounts
- Develop programs for the account, and contract
- Interpret key Managed Markets strategies and tactics that adhere to compliance guidelines and consider best price implications protecting Takeda from high-risk contracting/pull though activities.
- Support sales pull-through
- Provide the vision and leadership necessary to create and mobilize internal and external business partners to deliver strategic account pull-through activities.
- Regional strategy that is consistent with Takeda s overall managed markets strategy
- Improved sales pull-through across the region
- Well managed team, focused on accounts with greatest upside for Takeda, and that continuously improves capabilities
- Regional budget within agreed levels
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree, Master s degree desirable
- 10+ years successful pharmaceutical sales experience
- 3+ years People Management experience
- 7+ years National Contract Sales or Account, Regional Account experience required
- Plus additional relevant experience in any of the following areas, including but not limited to:
- Sales training
- Marketing/Product Management
- Key accounts
- Sales analysis/market research
- Business Implementation
Knowledge and Skills
- People leadership and development: able to set a vision for account management in the region and lead a team of 6-10 RAMs
- Detailed knowledge of payor/PBM economics: understanding key issues and how these shift given changing US healthcare landscape
- In-depth pharma knowledge: including prescribing, regulations, supply chain, managed care, sales and legal)
- Strategic thinking: understand account priorities and impact on decision-makers
- Prioritization: to ensure that effort is directed towards account with greatest potential (e.g., gold accounts)
- Consultative selling: ability to identify emerging stakeholder needs and to problem-solve innovative ways (programs, contracts etc.) for Takeda to help meet those needs
- Leadership of multiple internal stakeholders: strong communication skills to bring Takeda expertise into conversations and to ensure pull through
- Clear understanding of analytics: how it can drive insight of account performance and an ability to ask the right questions of analytical resources
Business planning: develop a robust regional strategy
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.