We are looking for a Computational Biologist with a high level of focus and execution. One who equally grasps the necessary biology and leverages analytical approaches to provide scientific insights and inform translational strategies. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dedicated team of scientists to form data-driven decisions, propose actionable and testable solutions to identify and progress novel, patient-focused cancer therapeutics. The candidate will be expected to contribute to our mission to provide innovative cancer therapies to patients across our pipeline of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. The candidate will be influential across the entire drug discovery spectrum from target identification and validation through early clinical proof of concept, providing translational hypotheses and predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to inform clinical trial design and execution.
- Applies computational methods to integrate, visualize and interpret data resulting from high dimensional datasets including: genomics and transcriptomics, single cell sequencing, proteomics, and immune biomarkers resulting from preclinical studies and patient data.
- Establishes a collaborative and influential role within biology-oriented project teams by working through the spectrum of experimental study design, genomic assay selection, analysis, data integration and data interpretation.
- Performs integrative analyses to deduce, summarize and communicate results contributing to the understanding of drug indication, mechanism of action, identification of response predictors and translational biomarkers.
- Works collaboratively with data scientists and data engineering groups to enhance our computational infrastructure, user interface, query and visualization capabilities.
- Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches enabling translational understanding of our molecules.
- Prepares and presents comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations to a full range of internal and external audiences.
- Uses defined practices and technical skills to perform analysis, interpret results and determine appropriate future actions.
- Contributes to more complex projects requiring multiple members of the team and organization
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
SUPERVISED NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. degree in a scientific discipline, or M.S. with 6+ years of experience, or B.S. with 8+ years of experience. Demonstrated experience with oncology or immunology is preferred.
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, computer science and mathematics.
- Keeps current with emerging trends in bioinformatics and computational biology.
- The ideal candidate would
- Demonstrate experience with large-scale 'omics and high-throughput data analysis, network analysis, and meta-analyses. Be familiar with public domain data sources.
- Have experience in algorithm generation and/or computational method implementation.
- Have strong scientific understanding of molecular biology and genomics. Be experienced with genome scale or big data analysis derived from Next Generation Sequencing including: whole exome, RNA-SEQ, miRNA, copy number, epigenetics, and single cell sequencing.
- Demonstrate independence, self-starting and support of team-based research and the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Understand fundamental systems biology or machine learning concepts. Have strong data analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Have solid knowledge of Unix/Linux, and fluency in at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Perl, Java, C / C++).
- Have strong knowledge in statistical software and language (e.g., R, SAS, Matlab).
- Be familiar with parallel computing, database (e.g., SQL) and Amazon Web Services.
- Have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office and lab equipment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting