Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Material Planner (Buyer) in our Brooklyn Park, MN office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Material Planner (Buyer) working on the Material Planning Team within Supply Chain, you will be empowered to help increase quality and service and reduce costs. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by helping to build a better tomorrow for our patients and their families. A typical day will include:
- Responsible for the administration of procurement activities and day to day supplier management for assigned commodities and products.
- Make, manage and execute buying decisions to ensure uninterrupted product flow. Coordinate product availability information externally and internally to ensure that all deliverable dates are met to reach facility service-level goals.
- The incumbent will also maintain communications internally and externally to surface and resolve issues, which can impact operating efficiencies.
- Make buying decisions from various suppliers.
- Analyze and manage appropriate reports such as - supplier performance reports, MRP exception reports and open P.O. reports to ensure on-time material availability and proper inventory levels.
- Investigate and review all material quality complaints and problems, both internal and external, and forward correspondence to appropriate personnel.
- Analyze excess and obsolete material and initiate disposition via various channels, both internal and external.
- Initiate projects that eliminate non-value-added activities, increase quality and service, and reduce costs. Closely monitor commodity market trends and take advantage of cost reduction, quality improvement and service improvement opportunities.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of suppliers, industries, technologies and manufacturing processes and purchasing strategies for assigned commodities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of purchasing and associated materials management systems. Develop skills and obtain knowledge in negotiation, and contract terms and conditions.
- Complete mandatory training within required timeframe.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or closely related field and 3+ years Procurement experience preferred.
- Experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Solid knowledge and experience in purchasing principles. Purchasing certificates preferred.
- Experience preparing & implementing policies, systems & procedures.
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with multiple projects and products.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and team building skills.
- General knowledge of GAAP/SOX and an understanding of internal accounting controls.
- Self-starter, team player, effective leader and able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. ERP system knowledge - SAP preferred.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around the cGMP manufacturing facility.
- May occasionally work in a clean room environment and wear special garments and personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
- Some travel may be required less than 20%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Brooklyn Park, MN