The senior medical director will provide scientific & team leadership, guidance across global medical affairs activities for advanced stage molecules and/or pipeline consisting of evidence data generation, data analysis and interpretation, publications, medical communication, medical training, medical information and support market access & reimbursement (PMA) data generation, analysis and publications. Senior medical director will work in a multifunctional, matrix organization with other global medical affairs functions, medical communication, GMAO operations, external collaborations, MSL teams, as well as with clinical development, marketing and access & reimbursement, Takeda patient advocacy team and Oncology Business Units (OBUs) medical leads and regional medical leads.
The senior medical director will be responsible for leading the implementation of medical brand strategy, compliant execution of global medical affairs tactics, as well as excellence in standards and practices. This includes advancing external collaborations with health care practitioners, research groups, payers and patient advocacy groups as well as assuring strong collaboration on global, regional and local level across Takeda s organization.
- Develop an in-depth understating of the needs of oncology patients and demonstrate a focus on activities to meet those needs
- Lead brand medical strategy development and execution consisting of evidence data generation, data analysis and interpretation, publications, medical communication, medical training, medical information and congress strategy
- Provide input into product asset strategy, clinical development program, brand team strategy & tactical plan
- Provide scientific expertise across broad range of global medical affairs activities
- Provides strategic, scientific leadership and decision making for Takeda Medical Affairs sponsored Phase 3b/4 studies, including interventional and observational research and investigator initiated studies (IISR) program
- Accountable for leading global advisory board meetings and assure communication of key findings and insights across the organization (global clinical development, medical affairs and commercial teams)
- Provide guidance and leadership for global publication strategy development and execution of publication plan
- Provide strategic and scientific input into internal training plan, congress plan and company sponsored symposia
- Foster research relationships with key global cancer research organizations and institutions
- Establishes, maintains and directs interactions with key opinion leaders relevant to assigned therapeutic area and molecules. Accountable for development & execution of global KOL engagement plan
- Build long term cross functional relationships with global functions, GBTs, clinical development, regional functions and Local Operating Country (LOC)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated focus on patients interest
- 10+ years clinical or other MD related healthcare experience
- 7+ years Medical Affairs experience or related industry experience
- 3+ years budgetary and direct/indirect people management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in oncology and/or hematology-oncology
- Requires experience and success in working in a matrix, cross-functional environment; excellent collaboration skills; experience working across functions to achieve results
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing technology environment
- Strong interpersonal skills particularly motivational, negotiation, listening, judgment, analytic, and conflict management skills, demonstrated by ability to lead teams.
- Advanced PC skills, including MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and SharePoint
Up to 40% domestic and international travel required
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.