Senior Manager, Emerging Markets, Global Regulatory Affairs
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Emerging Markets, Global Regulatory Affairs
in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager, Emerging Markets, Global Regulatory Affairs working on the Research and Development team, you collaborate to define, develop and lead Emerging Markets strategies to maximize regulatory success towards achievement of program objectives. A typical will include:
Defines, develops and leads Emerging Markets strategies to maximize regulatory success to strengthen the product development plan and to enable patient access in alignment with program objectives, including all aspects of submission and timely approval of investigational applications, market application and life-cycle management as well as directly manage staff members, provide direction, support, mentoring, and strategic guidance to support scope of project work, when applicable.
- Collaborates to define, develop and lead Emerging Markets strategies to maximize regulatory success towards achievement of program objectives.
- Manages, plans and executes all aspects for the successful preparation, submission and timely approval of investigational applications, market applications, variations, post approval reporting obligations and general product life cycle management of assigned program.
- Effectively communicates the regulatory strategies, submission plans and timelines; and impact assessments of trends, regulations and changes related to assigned programs.
- Stays current with regulations / guidance s in Emerging Markets for impact on drug development plans, registration and life-cycle management to maximize the positive outcomes of the regulatory applications and maintain registration compliance.
- Provides regulatory expertise on Emerging Markets for multiple projects including one highly complex program, focused on non-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development, registration and / or post-marketing compliance and life cycle management.
- Assures ongoing efforts towards fulfilment of international product approval conditions for late stage programs.
- Develops effective working relationships with Local Regulatory Lead, Regional and Global Regulatory Team, Cross-functional Teams; company s consultants and Business Partners.
- Evaluates new business development opportunities for Emerging Markets and / or participates on due diligence teams.
- In coordination with local regulatory lead provides strategic guidance / advice on emerging trends, regulations and changes, with emphasis on those related to assigned program enabling proactive approach and planning to future business needs.
- Leads or supports preparation activities for meetings with Health Authorities for the assigned program, as required. Interacts directly with HA, as required. Represents Takeda Emerging Markets in Health Authority meetings. Effectively communicates and manages meeting outcome and next steps, as required.
- Manages, trains, provide direction, strategic guidance and solutions to projects to direct reports and / or mentors team members, if required, to support scope of project work.
- Partner with the regional/LOC market access and LOC RA colleagues to understand market access and reimbursement topics and support opportunities to drive consolidated inputs into regional product development plans.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS degree in a scientific discipline; BA accepted based on experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Considerable experience within the pharmaceutical industry and including direct experience in regulatory affairs in development and /or post-marketing phases.
- 6 years of directly related regulatory experience is desirable.
- Sound working knowledge of regulations and guidance s governing drugs and biologics in development and life-cycle management for emerging markets; and US and/EU (relevant to role), including interaction with Health Authorities.
- Generally strong in most and acceptable in all basic skill sets such as oral and written communications, managing and adhering to timelines, negotiation skills, integrity and adaptability.
- Able to demonstrate skill(s) in regulatory strategy such as understanding broad concepts within regulatory affairs and implications across the organization and globally; proactively identifies regulatory issues; offers creative solutions and strategies, including risk mitigation strategies.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately up to 10-30% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.