Head of Center of Operational Performance (CoOP)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as Head of Center of Operational Performance (CoOP) in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Optimize and support the operational effectiveness of Takeda s research and development strategies, principally by optimizing cross functional project team performance.
- Elevate impact and value of project management by driving discipline into the planning and execution of pipeline programs
- Enable program reporting, transparency, and measurement through operational effectiveness and portfolio analytics/decision making
- Facilitate integrated drug development through enablement of cross-functional goal setting, development of internal facilitation expertise, and establishing frameworks to enable increased performance
- Accountable for overall leadership of Center of Operational Performance including defining its vision, strategy and key performance indicators, hiring, training, staff assignments, coaching, mentoring, and performance management of reports.
- Cultivate and lead a Project Management (PM) Community to establish:
- Standards for R&D information collection resulting in improved accuracy and timeliness of program plans and other data while, as practical, increasing transparency, information access and efficiency
- PM best practices that ensure Takeda has efficient and competitive processes for planning and executing drug development programs
- PM and Central PMO staff development to foster a culture of continuous improvement including insights gained through engagement with the external environment
- Facilitate the system to track and monitor program objectives/goals.
- Focus on Critical Path to drive program acceleration
- Develop a central repository of project management skills globally to support GPT and Functions activities
- In collaboration with key stakeholders lead project team innovation activities, such as change management activities, asset strategy refinements, and support of external engagement activities.
- Partner with R&D Finance to drive, implement, and sustain resource allocation models that align efforts to tasks
- Enable single source of truth inclusive of Master Data Management and maintain/support MS Project environment.
- Partners with divisional and regional management to ensure that projects are aligned to facilitate global information sharing in a productive and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with Portfolio Strategy and Portfolio Management to ensure accurate information is distributed transparently to key stakeholders in order to support operational effectiveness
- When necessary, serve as a mentor to project team members in all parts of the organization
- Contribute to special projects in the COO Office, as needed.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and expertise in project management skills and methods.
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Executive leadership presence and confidences
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Ability to develop and drive a Global Workforce and Talent strategy for all R&D Portfolio Strategy Group colleagues in the Global, Regional and Local organizations
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise
- Accountable for decision making for designated function, R&D Portfolio Strategy Group
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Ability to effectively implement R&D s partnership strategy
- Effectively represent Takeda in High-level negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to R&D Finance, TAUs, Data Science Institute, Center of Operational Excellence, Investor Relations
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Breadth of knowledge required across therapeutic areas, indications, and/or modalities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree in science or business-related field required. Advanced science or business degree preferred with 15 years experience
- PMP preferred
- Senior management experience in R&D Operations, leading a medium to large organization and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with experience in clinical trials, financial reporting, and/or project management systems and processes
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.