- Drive value demonstration strategies for Health Technology Appraisal (HTA) & Payer assessment to optimise rapid, broad patient access, achieve value based prices and lead performance in line with commercial objectives.
- Lead health economics (HE) plans and outline strategic approach to drive pricing and reimbursement activities. Drive hands-on economic assessments for oncology medicines at all stages of development, using cost effectiveness, cost utility, cost minimisation, budget impact, decision-analytic modelling and other methods as appropriate.
- Oversee country roll-out and training of global HE models (provide country response to payer inquiries including subgroup/scenario analyses). Lead the development and adaptation of national HTA models with local operating company (LOC) patient value & access (PVA) Leads.
- Lead and develop robust payer publication plans to drive access to portfolio medicines through HTA assessments and life cycle management.
The GPVA Health Economics Lead will allocate and focus their expertise and resources, and effectively manage several important partnerships and consultants to achieve impact and contribute to the company s success. These interfaces include but are not limited to Global Brand Teams (GBTs), Global Product Team (GPTs), Regional and Local PVA, US & Japan Payer Marketing and Market Access, Global Outcomes Research (GOR), Global Medical Affairs Oncology (GMAO), Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Project Leadership, Finance, Corporate Communications and Business Development.
Global Value Proposition:
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of the burden of disease(s), unmet need and appropriate comparator
- Colead with PVA colleagues the development of the global value proposition to ensure a compelling value story for payers
- Identify and prioritise strategic opportunities to enhance and expand product value proposition for new indications
Payer Optimised Evidence Generation:
- Drive evidence generation planning to optimally provide the product clinical, economic and humanistic value with HTA bodies and Market Access decision makers and lead the coordination across functions to ensure evidence needs are incorporated into Global, Regional and Local initiatives
- Thoroughly evaluate the anticipated outcome of key HTA body assessments and the implications for value positioning and evidence requirements, and shape the product s ongoing evidence generation plan in partnership with GOR and GMAO
- Make recommendations to cross-functional business partners about the need for additional data generation clinical trial, real world evidence (RWE) such as registries and databases -- based on evidentiary requirement of HTA bodies
- Lead the integration of payer-relevant HE endpoints in the clinical development plan with GOR team
Value and Access Tools
- Steer the development/updating of the product value platform (including but not limited to Value Story, Global Value Dossiers, HE Models and Access Solutions Toolkit)
- Lead the development of state of the art HE models and studies with sufficient evidentiary support to withstand critique of HTA bodies and other key access decision makers
- Develop and execute HE publication strategies to ensure that scientific data resulting from the execution of HE studies are appropriately positioned in the public domain
- Lead training to Regions and LOCs on product value platforms, new evidence and HE studies and models
- As the expert on the product s value proposition and evidence package, this role will proactively address brand-related payer, HTA and policymaker demands and respond to emerging or unforeseen market opportunities/challenges (in close coordination with the regional/local PVA Leads)
- Maintain awareness of the quickly evolving Global HTA and reimbursement landscape and the evidentiary needs of health care decision-makers to guide health economics strategies
- Ensure the drug s value proposition will be recognized among the external (scientific/ payer influencing/ HTA expert) stakeholder community and hence market access and market uptake will be maximised
- Communicate and translate health economics messages effectively in manuscripts, posters and publications, and develop appropriate communication tools for clinicians and payers
Foster superior collaboration:
- Foster productive collaboration specifically with regional (including US)/local PMA/HE team members as well as global outcomes research group, global/regional/local marketing and Medical Affairs. Interact with Regional/Local PVA team members, global development teams and global brand teams to work on project of diverse scope and complexity
- Develop and manage strong collaborations with HE modelling key opinion leaders, academic researchers and vendors to ensure latest and most innovative modelling methods
- Colead with US affiliate in developing US focus budget impact and CE models, local health economics studies and development/revision of AMCP dossiers
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Director and Lead Role of Takeda Oncology Centre of Excellence for Health Economics accountable to Global Head, PVA Takeda Oncology
- Scope to lead and partner with all LOCs globally in value demonstration and Health Technology Appraisal via Economic Modelling
- Line Management Responsibility
- Remit includes all in-market brands and development molecules
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Post graduate qualification in health economics and modelling
- Ability to work cross functionally and cross regionally to lead and partner all LOCs; indirect leadersip at LOC level
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Responsibility in line with Director level position; autonomy to lead the CoE for Health Economics, Takeda Oncology
- OBU 10, EUCAN, GEM LOC PVA Leads
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced Degree in Economics, Health Economics, Medicine, Pharmacy, Public Health, Health Services Research or related field
- 8 years relevant experience in healthcare industry with direct experience in global product value proposition development (industry or consulting) and interaction with payers, HTA bodies, relevant policymakers and strong patient-centred focus
- Strong Clinical background and understanding
- Strong understanding of the global payer environment and knowledge of US Medicare (Part D), along with an in-depth understanding of ex-US payer landscape including HTA trends and guidance (NICE, AMCP, PBAC, etc ) including reimbursement methodologies, pricing/reimbursement authorities decision-making process, and current reimbursement issues. Strong clinical background or understanding
- Strong understanding of innovative global pricing models
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in health economics, cost-effectiveness studies, health technology assessment (HTA) tools, methods and filings, economic modelling
- Knowledge of all phases of drug development, and with methods of analysis of large healthcare/economics databases and understanding of the major areas of Outcomes Research (PROs, modelling)
- Leadership strong ability/desire to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strategic thinking and demonstrated problem solving capability
- Influencing skills (one on one and in group setting) consensus builder with ability to effective drive decision making
- Ability to translate technical issues to non-technical experts
- 20% Domestic and/or International travel required
- Previous experience in Haematology and/or Oncology is strongly preferred
- A combination of US and Global experience strongly preferred
- Direct payer experience and/or experience in product commercialisation preferred.
- Track record of publication would be a plus
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.