Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager/Associate Director, Neurosciences Finance Lead in our Cambridge office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager/Associate Director, Neurosciences Finance Lead working on the R&D Finance team, you will be empowered XXX and XXX, and a typical day will include:
Strategic finance business partner providing financial leadership to designated R&D function/TAU. Active member of functional/TAU leadership team supporting the management of the budgets, while providing support for strategic planning and decisions. Maintains overall responsibility for supporting business/project team decision making with strategic insights, forecasting, and other innovative analysis methods to drive value and optimize resource allocation across the business/TAU. Provides guidance, input and direction regarding the planning, analysis and reporting activities to regional finance teams. Leads higher level cross functional initiatives (i.e. portfolio management, global consolidation/reporting) within the Global R&D Finance team. Lead discussions with management teams on spend matters with designated function/TAU and other stakeholders as necessary. Provides finance expertise to business development and due diligence activities
- Operates as finance business partner for highly complex function/TAU
- Maintains overall responsibility for supporting business/project team decision making with strategic insights, forecasting, and other innovative analysis methods to drive value and optimize resource allocation across the business/TAU
- Active member of function management/project team(s) supporting decision making with significance broadly for the team/business.
- Introduce novel reporting tools and finance concepts and provides advanced analysis technics to address the needs of the organization/team (i.e. decision trees, scenario planning, value driven allocation models etc.).
- Accountability for monthly/quarterly/yearly closes and long-range plan consolidation in partnership with Accounting
- Prepare and deliver high quality presentations to management/project teams.
- Design and distribute monthly reporting packages summarizing functional area/TAU or project financial results complete with recommendations as necessary
- Develop and maintain performance tracking and analysis for external collaborations and support due diligence and business development activities as needed
- May manage a small team of direct reports depending on size of function/TAU
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree
- At least 8 years of overall business experience, and/or
- Previous accountability for setting financial objectives/criteria for investments and expected returns (e.g. create criteria for investment readiness)
- Experience leading cross-functional team to develop strategic solutions to grow, maintain, divest business/services (e.g. develop roadmap for value creation)
- Demonstrated experience supporting leadership discussions and driving solutions/insights that influence decision with broad impact on business.
- Analytical Ability to determine methods and types of analyses to be performed to address a business question. Ability to interpret and question data inputs to financial models and support alternative recommendations as necessary.
- Teamwork Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure.
- Communication Ability to exercise strong negotiation, diplomacy and persuasive skills in a matrix environment
- Management - Ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively.
- Relationship Skill: Ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships.
- Entrepreneurial: Ability and desire to take ownership of activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent out of the box thinking
- Leadership: Ability to set priorities; develop workflow processes, and direct a team of colleagues with no official reporting relationship
- Industry Acumen: Ability to define, develop and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within pharmaceutical industry and health care environment.
- Strategic vision: Ability to recognize, forecast and communicate events, which may impact the business.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.