Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Head of Digital Platforms and DevOps in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Head of Digital Platforms and DevOps working on the Chief Technology Office team, you will be empowered to lead and drive the development of a deployment strategy for DevOps to optimize delivery. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by being the Global IT partner for Digital Platforms and DevOps to all the technical and business leads. A typical day will include:
- Strategic positioning - the Head of Digital Platforms & DevOps is an industry, technology and platform leader and expert. This leader will lead and drive the development of a deployment strategy for DevOps to optimize delivery to tighter and faster business outcome and to enable industry best practices for scalable and optimized delivery in the future.
- Platform and DevOps services and excellence lead and prioritize the deployments in DevOps to enable more optimized business outcomes by combining technical and business capabilities, lean processes, toolchains and platforms
- Integration with IT will collaborate with the CTO and other CTO heads to enable vision and direction by combining technical insights and restraints, customer feedback and business insights.
- Contributes and leads the gathering of information as input for an agile and efficient architecture as base for digital platforms and DevOps in the near future and formulate a roadmap for the own function.
- Drive, prioritize and monitor enterprise level deployments of Agile DevOps enabling tighter and faster business outcomes.
- Define application and platform targets for DevOps and drive implementations to successful.
- Lead and expert within deployments lean processes, toolchain and platforms in DevOps from start to end to drive delivery of business objects to meet business expectations and outcomes.
- Lead the development of defining and building tools and platform to enable DevOps to deliver standardized and efficient on a global scale.
- Develop and build an aligned optimized global DevOps capability model, to scale development and delivery of business objects and using industry best practices.
- Design and implement various metrics on planning and delivery on a structural base, giving insights and weight to the end to end processes of DevOps deliverables.
- Deliver on continuous improvement via automation across all DevOps areas to bring in agility and consistency.
- Define and mature value stream mapping so it provides a baseline for measuring success.
- Manage the consolidated budget for the DevOps operations and ensure resources are used in an optimal manner and within agreed expenditure budgets.
- Build and lead a global team of highly skilled technical professionals that assess, lead and implement platform solutions via DevOps to support business and to maintain and build on an agile IT architecture.
- Lead a hybrid team including both direct reports and dotted line reports, building a strong DevOps community
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree needed (Masters/MBA desired)
- Referenceable DevOps engineering experience in a cloud-first or hybrid cloud environment
- Previous healthcare / life science / pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Referenceable leadership, management, or key influencer experiences required
- Previous experience managing large programs and budgets preferred
- Ability to think outside the box for creative strategies
- Tenacity, perseverance, and courage
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.