Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Research Associate, Immuno-Oncology in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Research Associate, Immuno-Oncology , you will be empowered to develop and execute cell-based assays and collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional project team . A typical day will include:
Develop and execute cell-based assays and immunoassays to characterize the in vitro activity of molecules designed to specifically target cancer cells and/or engage the immune system to recognize and eliminate tumors.
- Responsible for developing and executing cell-based assays and immunoassays to characterize the in vitro activity of molecules designed to specifically target cancer cells and/or engage the immune system.
- Make data-based and intellectual contributions to cross-functional collaborations to address project or platform goals.
- Present data, interpretation, and recommendations in project team meeting settings.
- Appropriately document data.
- Collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional project team setting to advance novel molecules into clinical testing.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 4+ years experience, or MS in a scientific discipline with 1+ years experience
- 2-plus years of industry laboratory experience required
- Direct experience in immunology and/or oncology drug discovery research preferred
- Experienced with tissue culture techniques using cell lines and primary cultures
- Strong knowledge of drug discovery process
- Expertise with a wide variety of cell-based and affinity/immunoassay-based methodologies including but not limited to viability, internalization, functional assays, multi-parameter flow cytometry, on-cell and ELISA binding assays, expression level analysis, western blotting, and immunofluorescence.
- Creative problem-solver with record of developing and troubleshooting cell-based assays and immunoassays
- Experience with biologics, antibody therapeutics, and/or antibody drug conjugates
- Knowledge of the analytical repertoire for characterization of antibody-based therapeutics.
- Experience generating datasets to drive decision-making in a therapeutics discovery environment.
- Excited about scientific challenges and finding new ways to address them combined with a desire to contribute in an exciting, engaging, fast-paced environment
- Experience working in matrix organizations in a project team setting
- Capable user of GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Office and FlowJo software.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work successfully across multiple projects/tasks
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal presentations skills
- Independently conducts complex experiments within a project scope, exercising judgement to evaluate a variety of technical factors, and obtain optimum solutions
- Independently provides work group with technical guidance and problem resolution related to methods, procedures and processes
- Utilizes assigned literature to increase knowledge base and implement improvements
- Expected to organize time and plan specifics of project related work with oversight from manager or project representative
- Prepares and presents technical information at department meetings
- Troubleshoots non-routine methods, instrumentation, or software issues and recommends systems, processes, or changes within project scope to meet objectives.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.