The Vaccine Director of Launch Excellence is responsible for leading global launch planning and execution within the Vaccine Business Unit (VBU), as well as supporting Launch Activations in the Regions and key Local Operating Companies (LOCs). The role will support the Global Brand Team (GBT) by delivering and facilitating cross-functional alignment with the global launch excellence framework and processes.
The VBU Director of Launch & Commercial Excellence is also responsible for driving commercial excellence within the Global office of the VBU, aligning our commercialization tools and processes to Takeda Product Value & Product Strategy (PVPS) to ensure build out and application of best in class ways of working and processes.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Drive global launch excellence and cross functional alignment & collaboration through implementation and management of the PVPS launch framework & end-to-end processes
- Drive the activation of the Early Launch Plan (Ph1 to end Ph2) for early vaccine candidates, and the Global Launch Plan (L-48 to L-24) for assets close to commercialization.
- Coordinate with regional marketing teams to activate Launch Excellence within LOCs and to ensure preparedness of six-monthly Deep-Dive, Go-no-Go Gate Reviews, and the monthly updates
- Drive and cascade best practice across brands & launches and advocate transparency and collaboration across global & country functional teams
- Ensure implementation of commercial excellence tools and processes in the VBU
- Build the VBU s Launch capability, drive and cascade best practice and advocate transparency and collaboration across Global & Country functional teams
- Work in collaboration with Global Launch Excellence from PVPS, build Takeda Launch capability and sustainability through people, process and technology e.g. implementation of the Launch Excellence Platform with best in class training collateral and best practice materials
- Promote and drive on-going use of Launch Framework and end-to-end processes at cross functional launch team level, supporting a sustainable and high performing launch capability
- In partnership with Global Launch Excellence from PVPS, identify and promote best practice sharing across Brands, Franchises and TA s to enable best practice sharing and support cross functional collaboration across programs, sub-teams, regions, countries, and functions
- Identify and monitor KPIs to optimize launch readiness pre, peri and post launch
- Drive Early and Global Launch Excellence (Start Ph1 to End Ph2 / L-48 to L-24) and cross functional alignment through standardized Framework & end-to-end processes
- Lead Early Commercial Launch Excellence activation and plans for development assets (Ph1 and Ph2) in partnership with PVPS.
- Ensure activation of Launch Excellence for assets entering L-48 to L-24. Support Global Product Teams with Launch Excellence Framework & end-to-end processes and map key deliverables.
- Run the monthly Launch Readiness review meetings with functions and the consolidated meeting with the Global Brand Team. Identify, monitor and ensure mitigation of global risks, issues, corrective actions and key learnings
- Support Regional Launch Vaccine Leads by leading Country Launch Readiness activation and implementation of the Launch Excellence Framework to accelerate country launch planning & execution:
- Support LOCs with in-country training, localisation and execution of the Country Launch Readiness Framework
- Business partner with Countries, Clusters, Regional and Global stakeholders to advocate / build an open and transparent launch culture to support early gap identification, accountability and support issue resolution
- Support the regional marketing teams in setting up key country launch readiness review meetings and their reporting structure.
- Lead Commercial Excellence for the VBU, ensuring we have best in class tools and processes to support commercialization of our asets
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS required in business, marketing, and social sciences
- Minimum of 10+ years of biopharmaceutical experience; particularly in Commercial, Marketing or Operations roles
- 3+ years project management experience, including managing cross-functional teams and/or external partners through large, complex projects or initiatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project
- Advanced degree in business, marketing, and social sciences
- Additional industry experience in brand management and sales considered a plus
- Experience in consulting in pharmaceutical or health care industry
- Vaccine industry experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Understanding of & experience with the multi-faceted aspects of operational launch readiness globally
- Knowledge of analytics, technology, brand operations
- Proven process and project management capability / experience as well as strategic agility
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared ownership of projects.
- Excellent communication ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability to frequently communicate changes and intentions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders.
- Experience operating in a matrix environment
- Strong knowledge of key pharmaceutical functions - good understanding of global drug development, regulatory and commercialization processes
- Able to present issues and recommend solutions in a succinct manner to Senior and Executive Management on a frequent basis.
- A strong focus on execution, accountability and acting with integrity.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadline and work confidently amidst ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Able to drive to or fly to various meeting sites, including overnight trips, up to 15%. International travels will be required.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.