Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Operations Excellence Specialist in our Brooklyn Park, MN office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Operational Excellence Specialist working on the Senior Operational Excellence team, you will be empowered to provide leadership and implement projects that improve the efficiencies of these processes. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by solving problems and sharing ideas. A typical day will include:
- Lead Program AGILE (Operational Excellence Program) and provide technical leadership to identify inefficient business and manufacturing processes at the Brooklyn Park, Minnesota manufacturing site.
- Lead teams to implement projects that improve the efficiencies of these business and manufacturing processes.
- Partner with key business leaders to implement a continuous improvement culture and processes, such as lean six sigma, to improve personnel safety, quality, compliance, and reduction of the cost of goods within the manufacturing processes at the site.
- Interface with the global operational excellence team showcase improvements, review best-in-class approaches to problem solving and share network ideas.
- Proactively strive to instill a continuous improvement culture within the various business functions located at the facility to ensure the timely supply of quality products to Takeda markets and ultimately, to our patients.
- Proactively drives the AGILE Program at the facility.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement in alignment with the Global AGILE Team, leading to significant improvements in Safety, Quality, Compliance, Delivery, Cost and overall patient/customer satisfaction.
- Support business leaders in establishing and aligning Lean/Six Sigma improvement and execution/monitoring methodologies to business strategic plans for the facility, including growth, quality, cost out and cultural change plans.
- Perform detailed stakeholder analysis and develop change management models that maximize outcomes, executing improvement workshops in a manner that promotes operational excellence and drives for optimum solutions.
- Provide support to functional leaders in the development and deployment of AGILE Program, utilizing continuous improvement methodology across all projects.
- Provide leadership, coaching and training as appropriate to local continuous improvement teams.
- Enhance current operational excellence training at the site.
- Enhance current AGILE business processes and implement new AGILE business processes.
- Support business leaders to build justification for their continuous improvement projects.
- Coordinate project approval process with site leadership team and manage the Program AGILE projects at the facility.
- Lead AGILE teams to drive these projects to completion resulting in improved process efficiencies that improve the product quality, improve employee safety, improve site compliance and reduce the cost of goods.
- Complete mandatory training within required timeframe.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in the Sciences, Supply Chain, or Business preferred
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Operational Excellence
- Experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Proficient in leading cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skill set to influence the direction and attainment of objectives without having the formal leadership role
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and relationships cross functionally
- Strong background in training and mentoring of Six Sigma/Lean concepts at multiple levels
- Experience with complex decision and planning processes
- Ability to present, teach coach and mentor team members across the site
- Ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Brooklyn Park, MN