Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Lead Research Portfolio and Governance in our Cambridge office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Lead Research Portfolio and Governance, you will be empowered to provide single source of truth for Research pipeline data and Define harmonized framework for pipeline progression aligned with Takeda s Research mission and objectives, and a typical day will include:
- Provide single source of truth for Research pipeline data, accessible to stakeholders across Takeda Global Research and broader organization
- Define harmonized framework for pipeline progression aligned with Takeda s Research mission and objectives
- Measure projects progression, support issue escalation, and recommend fit-for-purpose remediation (e.g., resource reallocation) when appropriate
- Maintain tools for Research teams to manage projects and report progress.
- Support project prioritization within Research through periodic portfolio review, including external collaborations and partnerships
- Analyzes scientific/clinical/strategic/financial factors to assess risk and reward and generate data-driven insights at asset, indication, and portfolio levels
- Coordinates RSLT meetings, determining effective agenda, organizing presenters, and providing input to key strategic, human capital and financial decisions.
- Facilitate portfolio trade-off recommendations and decision-making by senior leaders
- Provides objective portfolio context for each key asset decision, with an emphasis on return on investment, to support clear, evidence-based go/no-go/accelerate decisions, aligned with Research strategy and KPIs
- Develops tools, processes and materials to support the reporting and discussion of strategic, portfolio, and program information
- Ensures DDU approach is coordinated with TAUs, project management, and finance, to prioritize, de-risk, and deliver the portfolio
- Coordinates portfolio agenda at RSLT and/or other decision-making bodies (e.g., PRC)
- Creates and maintains relationships with key business partners to ensure their priorities and concerns are clear and incorporated into portfolio and strategic planning as appropriate
- Strong expertise in portfolio analytics, modelling, and forecasting
- Broad scientific understanding of Research project activities and success factors
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to act independently through complex cross-functional matrices and international sites.
- Proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and possesses good interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels in the organization.
- Has experience of working through virtual and/or matrix team models
- Excellent general problem solving skills and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and to simplify and organize complex tasks.
- Accurate and precise communication skills are necessary with experience of international partnerships with multiple international contributors to individual projects.
- Track record of successful leadership of matrix teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Ability to present complex information clearly and with confidence
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization ensures and encourages diversity
- Empowered and accountable for senior team hiring decisions and for oversight of overall headcount deployment
- Decision making responsibilities:
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact the functional area
- Accountable for decision making for designated function
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for providing input to and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
- Effectively represents function in negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions
- Forward thinking with the ability to recommend, influence and implement organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Role models respect and inclusion, creating a culture that fosters innovation
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Deep expertise required
- Ability to see and understand broader, enterprise level perspective
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years of relevant business experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Has a proven track record in successfully building teams and driving portfolio progression.
- Is highly knowledgeable in all aspects of Drug Discovery to IND and has a solid foundation in translational sciences and early clinical development.
- Has strong leadership skills and acumen.
- Capable of leading a matrixed team comprised of scientists from within Takeda as well as external collaborators.
- Shows cross-cultural understanding to utilize the diverse talents and has demonstrated ability to manage teams to maximize the organizational productivity
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with a demonstrable understanding of drug discovery & development practices and significant experience in biotechnology / pharmaceutical field.
- Advanced degree (MS, MA, MBA, or post graduate studies) in related field preferred but may not be required based on industrial experience and demonstrable leadership in a biotech/pharma R&D setting.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Will manage globally coordinated work product, possibly with direct reports at multiple locations. Approximately 25% travel may be required. Domestic and international flights with overnight stays are required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.