Title: Manager, Price Forecasting & Optimization
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager, Price Forecasting & Optimization.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Manager, Price Forecasting & Optimization will serve as a core member of the cross-functional team accountable for developing product pricing forecasts. Leads all aspects of price forecast creation including analytics, forecast model development, reconciliation of gross-to-net accruals recorded by Financial Planning & Analysis, support of contract business case development, and reporting of variances. Leverages analytical expertise and knowledge of pricing and contracting strategy to support, develop and present annual, mid-range and long range planning updates.
- Develop and maintain analytical models to forecast payer level performance for commercial and Medicare contracts including clear tracking and reporting of volume and price/discount performance expectations in comparison to actual results and latest plan estimates.
- Create forecast for un-tracked utilization including volume and discount rate expectations.
- Understand, forecast, and report complex contracting and reporting issues such as best price, AMP, ASP and price protection.
- Actively monitor actual payments in comparison to balance sheet accruals to ensure appropriate reserves are maintained.
- Independently develop and present plan and actual results to senior management and working teams, altering message as appropriate for the audience. Clearly articulate the key drivers of change and present management and working teams with actionable alternative scenarios.
- Develop reports as needed to clearly demonstrate trends and actual results.
- Work with the commercial and government pricing leaders, Managed Markets Account Strategy Managers (ASM s), and Brand leadership to develop, evaluate, and recommend effective contract analysis, and strategies for all business segments within managed markets.
- Manage and/or mentor other individuals in the group to drive accuracy and consistency among team members. Develop standardized financial modeling tools to ensure appropriate financial assumptions for each account/channel. Ensure forecast practices are uniform across similar products in the portfolio. Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for efficiency in contract data collection and reporting methodologies. Ensure individual account/channel financial models utilized for contracting decisions are properly reflected in Takeda s Plan, MRP, and LBEs.
- Perform product and market analysis to identify opportunities to improve Takeda s profitability and market position. Research and utilize information on pharmaceutical industry, competitive information, market conditions, government policy and regulations changes, and other internal resources (Sales, Marketing, Managed Markets, Government Affairs, Finance, IT).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in an analytical field such as finance, accounting, statistics, management science, economics
- 5 years business experience in quantitative analysis in analytical field such as product forecasting, pricing, or financial planning and analysis, or 3 years experience with an advanced degree required
- Project planning and management skills
- Resource management; ability to manage internal and external resources, allocates resources appropriately to align with business goals
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Working understanding or experience in basic accounting principles
- MBA or advanced degree in analytical discipline preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry experience and knowledge of pharmaceutical industry practices
- Comprehensive understanding of data sources (NDC/IMS)
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint, Access, Cognos PowerPlay preferred.
- Requires approximately 10-15% travel.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites.
- Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.