Title:Medical Director, Gastroenterology
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Medical Director in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Medical Director working on the US Medical Gastroenterology team, you will be empowered to provide near and long-term strategic direction. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by providing development and oversight of the scientific platform in support of the product strategies for assigned compounds within Gastroenterology. A typical day will include:
- Lead and direct relevant medical responsibilities by providing scientific insight and development of strategy for assigned compounds by participating and leading committees to realize Takeda s overall vision.
- Committees may include: Functional Planning Teams (FPT's), Commercial Planning Teams (CPT's) Product Strategy Teams (PST's), various development committees, Medical-Regulatory-Legal (MRL) Teams, ISR Committees, etc. and other teams as designated or as the compounds evolve and progress in development.
- Interact internally with senior level TPNA, TPC and TGRD management; advise and negotiate, as required, to guide the overall activities of the specific compound(s) and therapeutic area.
- Develop and maintain relationships externally through Advisory Boards, Professional Associations, Professional Meetings and Conferences, etc. to achieve Takeda s scientific objectives.
- Manage the budget for the specific Cost Center and provide direction and oversight for the overall therapeutic area budget.
- Provide support for departmental initiatives that further our business, and support other departments within Takeda such as New Product Planning, Government Affairs, SPP (TPC), and some TGRD related projects, etc.
- Participate in the publications strategy for assigned compounds by providing scientific and publication planning input.
- Provide input to confidential New Business Development opportunities within the respective therapeutic area of expertise, as required.
- Provide medical direction and review for pre and post launch regulatory strategies (which may include label (PI), protocols, Supplemental NDA s, etc)
- Either directly, or indirectly through supervision, oversee the medical review and sign off promotional pieces in support of the Medical-Regulatory-Legal committee for products within the specific therapeutic area(s).
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD degree with at least 7 years of relevant clinical practice, research, academic and/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Clinical research, publication activities, congress presentations, and public speaking.
- Board certification in Gastroenterology or related area
- Life cycle management
- Maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.