US-MA, Research Scientist I R0007540-MZ
- Provide pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics
selected for further development based on proactive risk assessment of target- and chemotype-related toxicities
- Develop comprehensive safety target reviews with risk mitigation plan, apply state of the art in silico and in vitro derisking strategies to aid in the selection and optimization of large and small molecule therapeutics
- Lead application, and execution of state of the art in silico and in vitro method development for compound selection and progression. Develop, implement, analyze, and interpret novel assays in support of improving the safety profile of the discovery portfolio.
- Provide timely assays and results to drive SAR within a project teams make test cycle.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of PhD, in a scientific discipline and/or 5+ years of industry with knowledge of toxicology applications
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment at a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Expertise developing fit for purpose assays for understanding the mechanism of toxicity of agents including drugs, for
biomarker development and application, and for derisking
- Experience with advanced cell culture approaches with cell lines, primary cells, and iPSC cells preferably with a focus on liver, cardiovascular, and immunotoxicity toxicity assays.
- Cell and molecular biology skills including development of reporter assays, application of knock-out, knock-down
technology, gene expression analysis, and biomarker assay development and validation
- Skills in pathway analysis, network pharmacology
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- DABT certification a plus, but not necessary
- Routine demands of an office based environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, 15%
Please visit our website at takedajobs.com