Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Business Platform Optimization in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Head of Business Platform Optimization, a typical day will include:
- The head of business platform optimization driving optimization of the processes, tools, technology, infrastructure supporting Takeda s global business platform.
- Report in the Chief Technology Officer and partner with IT leaders in the Technology Foundation and the Emerging Technologies to oversee and the lead the cloud application and infrastructure optimization.
- Develop and lead execution of programs which drive modernization, standardization, and optimization of the global applications and infrastructure platforms through tactics such as cloud migration, containerization, DevOps models and 6R s optimization of IT services.
- Governance and cross-functional leadership of cloud transformation activities to limit business risk and ensure that IT services (both common and platform specific) can continue to be delivered successfully in hybrid cloud and cloud-native deployment models
- Evergreen the platform optimization activities through creation of advanced platform analytic services and a continual improvement services.
- Oversee and lead effective cloud application and infrastructure optimization globally to reduce both capital and operational expenses, accelerating creation of shareholder value from recent M&A activity while managing business risk associated with the platform optimization journey.
- Plan and track achievement of business value through platform rationalization activities including license and tool optimization, application portfolio analysis, capacity planning, and performance measurement
- Build global cloud standards capabilities in collaboration with enterprise architecture and IT operations personnel, among others;
- Build the capability to continually assess and optimize the global application and infrastructure footprint;
- lead an agile migration factory composed of several agile teams to migrate business applications to optimized platform models.
- Build effective cross-functional migration teams capable of driving optimization from discovery to design, design to implementation, and implementation to optimization in a repeatable model
- Acceleration of cloud migration and application infrastructure transformation through technology strategy, cloud enablement and organizational change / communications activities
- Day to day leadership of Journey to Cloud (J2C) initiatives with partner organizations, reporting to CTO and executive leadership sponsors.
- manage, monitor, and govern decisions along the journey to cloud (J2C) along with EA / SA, program management and partners, defining architecture decisions, standards, and portfolio roadmaps
- Drive execution and predictable results, both from a timeline and cost perspective;
- Drive reductions in cost and effort through development of accelerators, education and enablement
- accelerate value by leading critical education and enablement activities, including development of accelerator solutions, process optimization, and guardrails; develop and execute organizational change plans including skills training.
- Realize overall Cost Reduction over a 3-year timeframe, including capital & operating expense
- Realize reduction and simplification of licensing and tooling through standardization and effective guidance of purchasing as part of IT projects and capital committee structures
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Breadth deeply understands both the old world infrastructure operations as well as new paradigm cloud-native operating requirements
- Strategic Vision able to communicate big picture, make strategy concepts easy to understand
- Trustworthiness Develops and keeps trust with IT and business stakeholders, speaks plainly
- Credibility been there / done that, able to roll up sleeves and do the work, able communicate to all levels from the boardroom to the keyboard
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Proactivity acts without being told what to do, sees the need and goes for it
- Pragmatic Recognizes that the perfect solution is often the enemy of the good enough solution, prioritizing business value and speed over perfection
- High Standards Expects nothing but the best personal and team deliverables
- Execution Minded - Strong Work Ethic able to personally produce and guide others to produce great output with minimal retries or guidance