The Senior Manager, Vaccine Market Research is responsible for executing qualitative and quantitative market research to derive insights that drive, challenge and/or validate strategic business and/or tactical marketing decisions. This can include the identification of optimal pre-and post launch brand strategies and marketing tactics such as brand positioning, messaging and sales aids. The Senior Manager functions as an internal partner to brand teams to drive, challenge and/or validate strategic business and/or tactical marketing decisions using primary market research. He/she provides primary market research consulting advice, project management and expertise in areas of critical business need that includes the identification of optimal pre-and post launch brand strategies and marketing tactics such as brand positioning, messaging and sales aids. This role is considered a subject matter expert on Vaccines or the research methodology. This role will also manage key secondary market research projects such as competitive intelligence and distill insights from this to drive business decisions. A critical role of this position is to present integrated market overviews and make recommendations to further the brand based on secondary data, primary market research and knowledge of market place. This position works closely with members of marketing, sales, finance, and legal, as well as external agencies and alliance partners.
- Leads market research for the VBU including study design, vendor selection, fieldwork logistics planning and management, analysis of findings, creation and presentation of final reports.
- Determines the best research methodology based on the objectives of the studies and ensures that all required work is completed in a timely manner to support the brands.
- Develops, executes and implements research processes across brands to ensure a logically consistent analysis and interpretation of market research results that go beyond a presentation of the facts to facilitate insights into commercial strategy and decision making.
- Establishes and manages annual market research budget.
- Manages and imparts operational excellence in project management and qualitative and quantitative techniques and new market research approaches to answer business objectives.
- Establish and maintains market research policies and procedures by working with representatives from other departments (i.e. legal, finance, pharmacovigilance, etc) and alignment with market research functions in other business units.
- Develops, standardizes and implements best practices and innovations to improve research processes and vendor management.
- Manages outsourcing initiatives to ensure highest quality of service and identifies opportunities to enhance vendor deliverables. Facilitates resolution of vendor issues across portfolio.
- Functions as a business partner to the marketing teams as well as various commercial analytics functional areas to address key business issues. Create strategic partnerships with internal customers and extended team members.
- Proactively identify opportunities & threats. Assists in the development of brand strategies and tactics.
- Develops and maintains deep expertise in past, current and anticipated therapeutic area issues, industry trends, competitor products, and future pipeline products. Able to use market knowledge to guide brand team strategy and provide regular updates on marketplace performance and evolving trends.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS in business, marketing, and social sciences.
- 4+ years primary market research related experience.
- 2+ years pharmaceutical industry research experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Advanced degree in business, marketing, and social sciences.
- Experience in client or supplier side of industry.
- Experience in consulting in pharmaceutical or health care industry.
- Vaccine industry experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Complete understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, application and working knowledge of marketing analytics, sales analytics, decision science and quantitative market research.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadline and work confidently amidst ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared ownership of projects.
- Must possess excellent analytic problem and proactive problem solving skills. Analyzes situations to think of new solutions and able to make recommendations.
- Excellent communication ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability to frequently communicate changes and intentions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders.
- Able to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Extensive knowledge of market research industry principals and practices. Ability to draw insights from data and research findings.
- Ability to actively and objectively listen to clients to assure research design addresses business needs.
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to manage vendor relationships and maintain an accurate budget for brands.
- Ability to manage internal and external resources (people, information, technologies, time, and capital); allocates resources appropriately, given organization, group and individual goals and objectives to align with business goals.
- Ability to quickly learn about therapeutic area and products.
- Confidence to try new solutions and willingness to take calculated risks associated with innovation and change in research processes.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.