Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist II, Toxicology in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist II, Toxicology working on the Discovery Toxicology team, you will be empowered to serve as director on internal exploratory studies and oversee the design of outsourced exploratory studies, and a typical day will include:
This position is for a toxicologist in the Drug Safety Research and Evaluation group at Takeda located in Cambridge, MA. The candidate will serve as a project team representative responsible for design, reporting, and interpretation of safety studies. This will be in support of oncology therapeutics, as well as, other therapeutic areas as opportunities arise. As a member of the project teams, the candidate will interact and provide guidance to other functional areas, such as Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, and Clinical groups regarding the necessary types of studies and the relevance of findings from drug safety studies. The candidate will also be responsible for presentations to internal committees and external meetings.
- Serve on project teams for discovery and/or development programs, primarily for oncology, but with the possibility of supporting other therapeutic areas
- Serve as study director on internal exploratory studies, and oversee the design, reporting and interpretation of outsourced exploratory and GLP-compliant studies
- Summarize safety studies for regulatory submissions, including components for IBs and clinical protocols
- Interact with Health Authorities, in writing and verbally
- Interacts with other functional area experts in a project team environment to recommend the best course of action for a given program, and defend those recommendations to governance committees
- Represents Takeda in external venues, including scientific meetings and with potential partners
- PhD (or DVM) in toxicology, or related field
- Board certification a plus (DABT or DAVBT)
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience, 2 to 4 years
- Experience with at least one of the following: small molecules, biologics, and/or cell therapies
- Experience in vaccine safety assessments is a plus
- Experience in design, reporting, and interpreting safety studies, and experience in study direction of GLP studies is a plus
- Comfortable working in team environments and in matrix management settings, with the ability to work independently to resolve issues.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.