Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director Relationship Management Center of Excellence, Partnership Office in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. With 50% of the R&D pipeline partnered with many and active collaborations across R&D, the Director Relationship Management, will support the establishment, implementation, and management of the Center of Excellence for these partnerships globally in Takeda and a typical day will include:
Strategic and operational support to drive, establish, and implement R&D Relationship Management Center of Excellence for all of the R&D partnerships globally in Takeda; this includes:
- Maximization of value for Takeda in collaborations across Integrated Drug Discovery Unit, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Research and Development functions to advance the pipeline which is ~50% partnered
- Development of tailored training programs for associates across R&D to help embed partnering best practices across the company
- Management of the community of relationship management and identification of opportunities to continuously improve Takeda s ability to effectively work externally and be a partner of Choice
- Support the development of the playbook for partnership management for all the partnership types which include assets, research, strategic academic alliances, and platforms. The playbook includes tools, processes, and guidelines for partnership management across the life cycle of partnerships.
- Train R&D global teams involved in managing partnerships to help embed partnering best practices across the company.
- Manage the community of relationship management to create a continuous learning environment; review of case studies, lessons learnt, and share of best practices.
- Manage the diagnostics of partnership Health. Identify, assess, and implement opportunities to continuously improve Takeda s ability to effectively work externally and be a Partner of Choice . Define and build metrics to assess this.
- Liaise with Legal, Finance, Procurement, and Communication to ensure partnering processes are aligned with Takeda s R&D objectives.
- Support the change management activities to support the vision of Takeda for strategic partnership management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- BS/BA required; advanced degree preferred (MBA, Master)
- Minimum 8 years of applicable drug development experience, global experience preferred
- Direct alliance management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry; experience in launching and managing partnerships preferred
- Relevant knowledge of drug development process to enable meaningful dialogue within Takeda and with partners
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority projects with good attention to detail
- Leadership: Experience in navigating a matrix organization with solid successful experience in influencing across multiple areas without direct authority
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies and processes
- Ability to assess issues/risks and effectively implement remediation measures
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentations skills
- Some travel to global Takeda sites may be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU: