Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as the Head of R&D Patient Engagement in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As the Head of R&D Patient Engagement you will lead Takeda's R&D patient engagement strategy implementation, drive the creation of external partnerships with patient advocates, provide consulting advice & support to R&D leaders and Project teams and promote awareness on internal and external patient engagement activities. A typical day will include:
- Lead Takeda R&D patient engagement strategy implementation in support of the Therapeutic Area Units (TAUs) disease focus and portfolio priorities, and in alignment with Takeda mission, vision and philosophy
- Drive the creation of external partnerships with patient advocates, caregivers and their organizations to build or increase internal knowledge across the R&D continuum of patient needs and life experience, to enhance the design, development and delivery of therapies
- Provide consulting advice and support to R&D leaders and project teams on incorporating patient input into decisions regarding disease and asset strategies, target and drug candidate selections, and clinical/LCM development stage gates across the R&D portfolio.
- Promote awareness across R&D and Takeda broader organization on internal and external patient engagement activities, fostering collaboration and facilitating alignment between R&D and BUs on patient engagement and advocacy strategy and priorities.
- Build and lead the R&D Patient Engagement Office to support the needs of the R&D organization in developing and implementing effective patient engagement (PE) strategies.
- Partner with TAUs, R&D functions, and Global Project Teams (GPT)s on the creation, implementation, prioritization and budgeting of PE plans and activities for key areas of focus in discovery and translational research and clinical development. Facilitating alignment on patient engagement and advocacy strategy and priorities between R&D and BUs
- Build alliances and manage relationships with selected patient opinion leaders and organizations to increase understanding across R&D of patient perspectives and enable direct patient engagement and input into relevant R&D activities
- Lead the creation and implementation of internal processes to enable smooth and agile PE activities to be conducted by project teams and to ensure that all legal and compliance requirements are met.
- Partner with R&D Communication to increase visibility, educate, build knowledge and solicit support and participation within R&D and Takeda broader organization on patient engagement efforts
- Participate and represent Takeda in cross-industry multi-stakeholder initiatives and collaborations on patient engagement, positioning Takeda a thought leader in this space.
- Provide expert counsel to GPTs on patient engagement issue resolution and relationship management when they arise
- Support the Head of Global Patient and Scientific Affairs on key strategic initiatives or through delegation of responsibilities as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors required; advanced degree preferred in MS/MBA/MPH
- Minimum 12 years of relevant professional experience required in a multi-disciplinary, global environment including strategy development and execution; Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Minimum 8 years in project management demonstrating the leadership skills required to manage global matrix teams
- Knowledge of global drug development and interface with commercial organization
- Experience working within a complex organization and demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions and regions at all levels and influence without direct authority
- Strong strategic leadership, with a clear track record of building and motivating teams and driving impactful changes in challenging and ambiguous situations
- Self-driven with clear track record of delivery
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, networking and public relations skills, with media training preferred but not necessary
- Requires approximately 10-20 % travel, including overnight and potential international travel to other Takeda sites
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.