Takeda s Immuno-Oncology DDU is seeking a highly-motivated lab-based biologist to contribute to preclinical projects by designing, executing, and analyzing in vivo experiments. Our new team member will have the opportunity to contribute to novel and differentiated therapeutic modalities by advancing internal projects and working with external partners.
- Work independently and as a team member to conduct in vivo laboratory studies (model development, tolerability, PK/PD, single agent and combination efficacy) to support compound screening and novel MOA characterization.
- Mastery of in vivo techniques including serial transplantation, tumor dissociation, and ex vivo analysis that can be applied to projects and drive decision making.
- Evaluate test molecules in syngeneic murine tumor models, with ability to design and perform multi-parameter flow cytometry experiments and other pharmacodynamic assessment.
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets (RNA expression, proteomics, cytokine analysis, multi-parameter flow cytometry)
- Provide intellectual and experimental contributions that support preclinical projects from inception through clinical development.
- Impact highly-matrixed and diverse teams using clear communication and collaborative spirit
- Work independently to propose, design, execute, troubleshoot, analyze, and present experimental findings
- Detail-oriented scientist that maintain experimental records and prepare study reports suitable for regulatory filings and/or are transferable to team members and external partners.
- Propose novel projects based on internal results, external partners, and published reports.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, Pharmacology, Immunology or other related field with 0-3 years of post-graduate experience; or B.S./Masters in relevant field with at least 4 years professional experience.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals demonstrating expertise and achievements in a relevant discipline
- Experience working with syngeneic mouse models in the context of immune or cancer biology, including hands-on experience with ex vivo isolation and manipulation of various immune cell subsets from mouse tissues
- Hands-on experience and ability to work with minimal supervision in carrying out FACS analysis with cytometers such as LSRII, FACS CANTO, and FACS ARIA II/III
- Proficiency in molecular/immunological assays such as ELISA/Luminex, qRT-PCR and TR-FRET
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong team player who thrives in a dynamic, biotech-like environment
- Requires less than 10% travel, including international