Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Metrology Technician in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Metrology Technician (2nd Shift) working on the Metrology team, you will be empowered to perform calibrations and coordinate instrument re-certification, and a typical day will include:
- Performs calibrations and maintains the calibration scheduling system to conform to facility requirements.
- Coordinates instrument re-certification with outside standards laboratories, which includes performing incoming inspections and documentation reviews on these instruments.
- The ideal candidate must be able to function independently and as a group to ensure all Metrology related activities are completed on time and in accordance with all applicable regulations and procedures.
- Follows sequence of testing from calibration procedures for instruments and equipment and ensures all tasks are performed in compliance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Efficiently manage scheduled calibrations in order to optimize resources and minimize impact to manufacturing.
- Maintain calibrations scheduling in a computerized metrology management system.
- Identify inefficiencies in the metrology program and implement solutions to drive towards cost and time effective calibrations and processes.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 0-10 years relevant experience within the field of Metrology.
- Working knowledge of cGMP guidelines, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, 210/211, ISO 14644 and 17025; and other international regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates initiative; ability to follow SOPs and direction and respond to situations as they arise.
- Must be able to break down complex problems and tasks into activities capable of being performed by personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in verbal and written form.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around the cGMP manufacturing facility.
- Will work in a clean room environment and wear special garments and personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
- May occasionally be required to lift weights in excess of 70 lbs.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.