Provide operations assistance in a neuroscience chemistry drug discovery lab. Some synthetic organic chemistry (parallel synthesis) and analytical chemistry.
- Screen chiral columns for their ability to separate racemic mixtures.
- Assist in managing chemical inventory.
- Provide support neccessary for the synthesis of chemical libraries; synthesize and purify chemical libraries where appropriate.
- Collaborate with members of the chemistry group.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as required around the lab.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Chemistry students who have taken or are currently enrolled in Organic Chemistry lectures and labs.
- Applicant should demonstrate an excellent academic record in pursuit of a degree in chemistry.